Menu
Why The Cat Is Not In The Chinese Zodiac
Nov 30, 2005 02:35
  • SNOWBIRD
There are many theories on why the Cat is not in the Chinese Zodiac. It will be a joke if the cat is in the Zodiac.... Why?

1. Cats are stupid and cannot recognised its owner. The stupid cat accept anybody who feed him as the owner. So nobody owns a cat! Whoever feeds the cat is the owner.

2. Cats are lazy. (remember Garfield?) Cats eat and sleep all day and all night.

3. Cats are so stupid that they cannot recognised its own home. If you take a cat out for a walk remember to hold it tight. Once you lose the cat, you lose it forever.

4. Cats play with mice. (Remember Tom & Jerry)They don't catch mice.

5. Cats don't care whether you come home or you go out. They couldn't be bothered!!

6. Cats will scratch anything, including the owner's face!

So now you know why the cat is not in the Chinese Zodiac.
Nov 30, 2005 02:44
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,it has many kinds of different stories:-)

Nov 30, 2005 02:46
  • SNOWBIRD
Hey Cali, This is the truth. The mouse told me about it. LOL
Nov 30, 2005 02:49
  • CALIFORNIA
QUOTE:"2. Cats are lazy. (remember Garfield?) Cats eat and sleep all day and all night.
"---This is Pig:-)

Nov 30, 2005 02:51
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Snowbird,can you read chinese???I can tell you the website abou the reason!And from the vote of chinese zodiac,Cat and Mice become personal enemy.

Nov 30, 2005 03:46
  • MAY001
No, I like cats... They are independent and elegant. Never flatter anyone, even their masters.
Nov 30, 2005 03:48
  • SNOWBIRD
hehe...thats why I say they don't care if you come home or go out. They can't be bothered.

But cats are nice too. And they have lovely fur. So nice to the touch.
Nov 30, 2005 10:04
  • JABAROOTOO
On the day of the race, Ox woke up Rat and Cat and put them on its back. Just when Ox was half way across the river, Rat had a second thought about the plan. It wondered, "Why should I share the glory with Cat? Look at it! It just lies on Ox's back sleeping! What a lazy animal Cat is! Come to think of it, what if Cat decides not to honor the agreement? It runs fast. Surely, it can get to the finish line before I do, once Ox reaches the bank." Eager to win, Rat decided to get rid of Cat. It quietly crept next to Cat and gave it a push. SPLASH! Cat fell into the river. Not knowing how to swim, Cat called out for help. To its horror, Rat pretended not to hear its pleas and urged Ox to keep on moving.

5 Finally, Ox reached the other side of the river and climbed ashore. As soon as they were on the dry land, Rat jumped from Ox's back and ran ahead toward the finish line. Ox could not believe its eyes! It called out, "Wait for me! I thought we have a pact! And, where is Cat?" Rat didn't stop. It kept on charging ahead. Just as it had dreamed, Rat won the contest! Jade Emperor congratulated Rat and named the first year "Rat." Before long, Ox also reached the finish line and took the second spot. Ox was furious at Rat. It accused Rat of breaking the deal. Rat laughed smugly and said, "How naïve you are! Why should I -- the smartest of all creatures -- share the title with Cat and you? It's your own mistake to trust me!" Ox wanted to argue more, but it was not very good at expressing its opinions. Though upset by Rat's deceitful act, Ox decided to drop the matter.

Can someone tell us where the CAT sorry Tiger came in?

Nov 30, 2005 10:06
  • JABAROOTOO
I can't help but wonder if Snowbird has ever had a pet cat or dog for that matter? You might offend some cat lovers with your opinion of the character and nature of the CAT.

Not me though I love dogs.
Nov 30, 2005 17:18
  • SNOWBIRD
I have no passion for animals, big or small.
Feb 5, 2008 14:31
GUESTSOPHIA I love animals thank you very much and that has deeply offended me...
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why The Cat Is Not In The Chinese Zodiac
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code