Menu
DINK
Dec 1, 2005 03:41
  • SNOWBIRD
Chinese youths today are concentrating in their careers and happy to be single or with GF/BF. In Shanghai many couples are having problem finding partners. They need help from Agency.

Youths are not marrying young and if they do the couples will likely ended up as DINK.(Double Income No Kids)

This will be China's problem in the future.

Dec 1, 2005 03:45
  • MAY001
I think this is already a problem in many countries. Such as European couples. The birth rate is so low that the governments try their best to give allowance to couples if they have a baby. But it seemed useless~
Dec 1, 2005 03:49
  • MAY001
And I think it's not a big problem of China in nearby future. China has such a great population that DINK is a good way to reduce it.

But I think it is a social problem for we Chinese believe that if one doesn't have a kid, there must be something wrong. And it's not filial to the parents and ancestors.
Dec 1, 2005 03:56
  • ELCABRON
In DeGuo you get a kind of "breeding reward";-)
No joke, the governmnet pays 1500 yuan per kid every month to the parents...

Now thats a business idea?
Dec 1, 2005 03:59
  • MAY001
yes, I've heard the news about Germany. Sounds great to have a baby with 1500 Yuan a month. But the money is not enough if you want to give your babies a better life. So the reward works less.
Dec 1, 2005 04:08
  • ELCABRON
The governmnet goes crazy...this is called childrens-money, but they are thinking about another support calling it parents-money (I dont know the details yet)

The thing is, you dont decide to have more kids just because of some more or less money.
Kids are no monetarian luxury anymore - so money doesnt work as a key incentive. That is my idea. And by the way, it sounds like a Pand breeding center here;-)
Dec 1, 2005 04:09
  • ELCABRON
PANDA breeding center I meant.
Dec 1, 2005 07:22
  • SNOWBIRD
1. Working adults and student are 2 different categories of people. Students live in a make believe world in the classroom. The world outside the classroom is real. I am talking about the real world.

2. The professionals of Shanghai are having problem trying to secure a partner. This is due to career committments. They have no time to socialize. Of course it does not mean that every professionals fall under this category.

3. Not wanting kids after marriage is a matter of choice and lifestyle. It has nothing to do with the country's childbirth policy. So DINK is a matter of choice. Double income with no kids means more time together, more money to spend and more money to live a better life. Not a bad choice for the couple. But it is the environment that create such a thinking.
Dec 1, 2005 18:50
  • MAY001
DINK is really a good idea. But our older generation will never accept this idea. They will think that we are crazy if we are Dinkers.
~_~
Dec 1, 2005 20:35
  • CONNY129
just do it as you like ,dink is really a convenient way to avoid social and financial pressure
Post a Reply to: DINK
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code