Menu
The Pride & The Sadness Of A Country
Dec 6, 2005 00:35
  • SNOWBIRD
Many countries are proud to have a bird or animal that represents the country.

America have the bald eagle. This majestic bird is on the American crest. But it is sad that this beautiful bird is facing extinction.

Similarly China has the giant panda. A lot of effort and money has been spent to try to increase the panda population. There is some hope.

New Zealand has the flightless kiwi. This nocturnal bird is fast disappearing due to loss of habitat and predation.

Hopefully future generations can continue to admire these 3 beautiful symbols of these countries.

Let's hope.

Dec 6, 2005 00:40
  • CALIFORNIA
What about kangaroo in Australia???

Dec 6, 2005 02:57
  • SNOWBIRD
Why not delete all Snowbird's threads. Its easier and cleaner this way.

In life you win some and you lose some. Snowbird will be gone forever. He will return as The Phoenix. See you all soon. I am the phoenix. Remember.
Dec 6, 2005 08:46
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi California,
The kangaroo pretty much takes care of themselves. In a good season the breed well and in a poor season they don't have so many young. When it's safe to breed up again they will produce more females first. You can do some research online for more about this unique animal. Whe don't hunt them as much has we used to but they do compete for grassland in some rural areas. we are fortunate to have some very large National Parks. My sisters often have kangaroo or wallabies (a smaller cousin) in their gardens, one of which is in bushland the other is residential with a lot of bush and gullies between houses.

Some of the smaller species do have more preditors like wild cats or accidental road kill so they are being protected in special habitats as much as possible.

Dec 6, 2005 08:50
  • JABAROOTOO
PS My sister took this photo on the beach not far from where we all live. They are a common sight there and roam freely in the Sate Forest Parkland, farms and along the beaches.

How many can you spot in the photo????
Dec 6, 2005 09:12
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Jabarootoo,

Thanks for telling me so much about kangaroo,and an australian friend told me that he has ate the meet of kangaroo,a bit terrible!

I only can see five from your photo!

PS:I love Koala:-)

Post a Reply to: The Pride & The Sadness Of A Country
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code