Menu
what do I need to know about taking a gift to cjina
Dec 10, 2005 17:45
  • MIKECO99
I am taking a digital camera and Dvd player for gifts to give to my fiance's family. Is there anything I need to do with the gift in customs? WIll I have to pay an import fee on them? This is my first time going to china and leaving the U.S. is there any suggestions you can give me? Thanks.
Dec 11, 2005 05:53
  • ELLYSE
No need to declare anything.
Dec 11, 2005 09:46
  • JABAROOTOO
Just a question? Do they need these items? They are readily available in China these days and not too expensive.

They will also need to have Chinese instructions for use and remote controll for DVD etc or both unless they are good at English. ?????

We have appliances like Air-conditioner ad microwaves which have nothing in English on them or the remotes and unless they have picture in the display it is hit and miss as to whether you can get the things to work sometimes. I have asked for help with the TV and DVD remotes on occcasions too.

Can't help with protocol except that you must use both hands while presenting the give and it should be received with both hands too.

Welcome to China

Dec 11, 2005 15:01
  • KINJIM
Actually, you now need to fill in a customs
declaration form of your personal belongings and
the amount of money etc you bring in as during a recent trip to China, immigration official stated
we had to fill in this form.
Dec 12, 2005 02:35
  • ELLYSE
I ignore all the declarations stuff, or else you take a lot longer to get out of baggage claim! Nothing's happened to me so far.
Post a Reply to: what do I need to know about taking a gift to cjina
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code