Menu
California - USA
Dec 13, 2005 05:38
  • PHOENIX
When we talk about USA, the State of California comes to mind. San Francisco & Los Angeles are major gateways to USA. Both these cities bring up pictures of wonderful holidays, nice beaches, beautiful girls, sun, surfing and the magic of Hollywood.

When we talk about China, Shanghai comes to mind. Who can forget the wonderful world of Suzie Wong. Who can forget the old world charms of Shanghai. Who can forget the exquisite Shanghai cuisine. Who can forget the very prettiest girls of Shanghai. Who can?

If you have not seen Shanghai, you have not seen China. All the other cities of China are different. Very different!!

Dec 13, 2005 10:20
  • JABAROOTOO
I wasn't aware that all of China was in Shanghai.

The Shanghai that I visited was in China.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Shanghai and do you know what I enjoyed the most about it????

The Old European influences in the Old French quarter of the city and the Bund. Many of the non-Chinese aspects of this mega city.. While it is very Chinese it has to be the most cosmopolitan city in China and hardly representative of the whole country.

Get out of the cities and you'll see China
Dec 13, 2005 15:48
  • MINDY
I found Shanghai to be the most "un-Chinese" of all the cities in China. You can go to any country and see a metropolitan anywhere. China is much more than that.

"If you have not seen Shangai, you have not seen China."--- I visited many, many cities in China, and Shanghai is one of the least memorable. And with saying that, I can safely say I've "seen" China.
Dec 13, 2005 16:21
  • GAZ07
Perhaps Shanghai is a symbol of China's trading past, building economy and future ambition. It's a melting pot of people from all over China and the rest of the world bringing with them their cultures and food.

I think to say Shanghai is "un-chinese" is unfair. Shanghai is just as much Chinese as Nanjing, Pingyao or Beijing. Just a different part of China.

Dec 13, 2005 18:53
  • MAY001
China is soooooo big, so it's not surprise that there are many different places, cities, towns. Shanghai is just a part of China, combining tradition with modern world.
Dec 13, 2005 18:57
  • CALIFORNIA
When I saw the title of this thread,I really very happy,because of CALIFORNIA:-)

And when I opened it,about shanghai!!!LOL!I don't like shanghai!!!But it is chinese!!!

Post a Reply to: California - USA
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code