Menu
If you got a free ticket to Xiamen?
Dec 13, 2005 21:29
  • THAIDYED
Anybody been to Xiamen? What could one do there for a long weekend? I've been to China before, have a free ticket to Xiamen, and would only have a 3-7 days. Any ideas?
Dec 14, 2005 02:52
  • JABAROOTOO
Xiamen is a great place to visit.
You can stay on Gulangyu Iland and it will keep you busy for a few days at least. Get a map of the city and visit the place that you are interested in. Recommend the botanical gardens and the area around Xiamen University and the Jimei Education area on the mainland.

If you want to spend some time outside Xiamen then I suggest a few days in Yongding to visit the Hakka area.
See my travel review

or head north to Quanzhou. I haven't been but I belive it is worht a visit. Again search online and you're sure to find something of interest about it as it's and ancient trading port

I'll post a review shortly on Xiamen so if you are not visiting for a few weeks it may be timely for you to have a read. Get online and do a search you should come up with a few other seb sites with some useful information.

Enjoy your visit. I've been twice to visit friends and would go back again and again. I love it but it may not be too warm this winter and be warned they don't have much in the way of heating.
Dec 14, 2005 10:14
  • JABAROOTOO
I have just uploaded my travel review on Xiamen and suggest you have a read before you visit.
Hope is is useful for you.
Post a Reply to: If you got a free ticket to Xiamen?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code