Menu
Yangtze in February
Dec 17, 2005 09:21
  • SUPERSCOT
Hi

I've searched the forum but can't find answers to my specific quetsions. Sorry if I've missed something and am going over old ground.

I'm hoping to visit Chongquin in mid February but can't find out much information about Yangtze trips then. The only boat that I can find that is running is the Victoria Cruises ship - once a week.

Are there any others running then (don't have to be 5* cruise ships). Details and web links would be great. Should I book before I arrive or can I book at in CQ? Any idea of costs?

Many thanks

Dec 17, 2005 10:41
  • JABAROOTOO
Yes
you have missed some other threads with this information but there is not much. Expect to pay around Y500 to Y1000 and check what extras are on offer like the lessor three gorges or the Shenlong river which are both worth a visit but you'll probably get one or the other. probably Ok to book when you arrive. It's not peak season and if you can't get a cruise you can take the Hydrofoil. details posted under Yangstze tips, transport

Sorry,I can't personally vouch for this company but you can give them a try.

I'll get the translated name for you tomorrow. I may even have someone call them and find out definate details for you if I can.

Yangtze River Cruises. they'll probably meet you off the airport bus ofr the train cepending on how you plan to arrive.

www.jzts.com jzts.com|info Ph 023 63923046

Have agood cruise
Dec 18, 2005 10:09
  • SUPERSCOT
Thank you so much Jabarootoo. Really appreciate it.

Could you confirm the www.jzts.com web address - I can't get it to work.
Dec 19, 2005 09:51
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi,
I never did get it to work either. I'll try and give them a call and see what I can find out over the phone and maybe you could email them and see if you get a response.

I'll get back to you on Wednesday with some news OK
Dec 20, 2005 06:48
  • TOMSON
Maybe you can try your luck on the website:wwww.trekyangtze.com , My friend used their services,he said their information are very helpful and staffs are also friendly. Tomson
Dec 20, 2005 06:50
  • TOMSON
Sorry, their website is: www.trekyangtze.com
Dec 20, 2005 20:58
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi SUPERSCOT,
I gave my suggestion a call today and no one seems to speak English. The day I picked up the card there was a guy who appeared to speak English and two foreigners who were going down river with them.

I guess if you can speak enough Mandarin they would be OK otherwise try TOMSONS suggestion. There are loads of travel offices in CQ selling the boats so you can probably just pick up a boat when you arrive.

Just be sure you understand what is or is not included in your price. Off season now so prices should be low. Friends of mine went down two weeks ago on the last trip of a luxury charter Y3000 each and the weather was great.

Hope you have a good trip
Dec 21, 2005 04:00
  • SUPERSCOT
Thank you both so much for your suggestions and for all your efforts. I also tried Emailing jzts and my Email was eventually bounced back.

I have sent off details to trekyangtze and will post their response when I get it (after Christmas). Thanks once again.
Dec 31, 2005 13:14
  • SUPERSCOT
Just to let you know - I got a very fast reply from trekyangtze suggesting a Chinese boat (daily departures) and also able to book flights to/from Shanghai. Also got back within hours to further quetsions. Really helpful and I will book with them.

For info: 1st class downstream Y1022. Internal flights Shanghai-Chongquin; Yichang-Shanghai Y1500.

Thanks again for everybody's help.
Post a Reply to: Yangtze in February
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code