Menu
Ideas around Guangzhou/Guangdong province
Dec 20, 2005 03:52
  • ELLYSE
I finish my exams (here in Shanghai) on 5th Jan, planning to make my way down to Guangzhou by 10th Jan to meet a friend who finishes her exams there on that day, then leaving around 14th Jan. I've already been to Guangzhou and Shenzhen, but not to the rest of Guangdong province, any suggestions of where to go before landing in Guangzhou proper? We're also planning to take a couple of daytrips to destinations around Guangzhou, any suggestions for those too? My friend wants to go to Zhongshan for at least 1 of the days. So far I've thought briefly about Shantou (Swatow), Chaozhou, Zhuhai, Foshan and Zhaoqing. Any comments/suggestions on these as well as other destinations will be appreciated. I'm mainly interested in history, culture, food and scenery. Thanks all and happy travelling. :)
Dec 20, 2005 19:22
  • VENUS2000
A relative of mine returned from Shantou a few months back. There are 8 attractions in Shantou, very small in scale as compared to other parts of China. She commented that it is not worth visiting.

It is not a tourist-oriented place. Shantou is good for those who "balek-kampong" to see relatives.

She actually tagged along with someone who is "balek kampong".
Post a Reply to: Ideas around Guangzhou/Guangdong province
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code