Menu
New christmas
Dec 20, 2005 04:56
  • SASSYGAL

I somehow would like to say NEW christmas in China because it is somehow becoming a part of the oriental holidays!

I believe it is also one way of saying christianity is present among us..

The merriest gathering of this holiday so far that i have seen is from asian Philippines which takes a month to celebrate than in Rome..

Dec 21, 2005 19:13
  • RITA
I don't think Christmas has become one of the public holidays in China, all that you see in the streets are commercials. I, myself, and friends around me, none of us take Christmas as something. Yes, it's good to have an opportunity to have a big feast, anyway, eating is almost everybody's hobby!

Another important thing, Christmas is good for English learners in China, a few years ago, some supermarkets, shops and restaurants printed huge "Merry *Chrismas*", there is none this year. ^_^
Dec 21, 2005 19:16
  • RITA
I hope it's not too late to say:

Merry Christmas to all the Christmas fans and all who enjoy the festival/holiday, especially to those that Christmas really means something!!
Dec 21, 2005 19:41
  • YEMMIE
I think I am in basic agreement with most who have written about this. I grew up in the USA. My mother was an atheist (sometimes agnostic, my father a Christian who didn't go to church. We mostly celebrated Christmas by getting the extended family together and trying to show our appreciation of each other. Today, most of the Christ has gone out of Christmas, or maybe, just maybe, people have become a little less exclusionary in their beliefs. After all, all good peoples of all different faiths value peace, harmony, companionship, and love in their lives. When you strip away the material visual trappings of the various religions, you find that all of them are much more alike than they are different. This is a good thing. Merry Christmas everyone.
Dec 21, 2005 23:27
  • CALIFORNIA
We can have an excuse for meeting and eating:-)

Post a Reply to: New christmas
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code