Menu
I´ll go to changsha for half a year and I´m looking for a job - Can you help me???
Dec 22, 2005 05:33
  • TANJA
Hi, my name is Tanja Hoderlein, 21 years old and from Germany. In
2004 I passed my A-Level. Then I was working for one year as an
au pair (took care of kids) in America. After my return in September
2005 my boyfriend and I decided to go for half a year to China/
Changsha in February. He will write his diploma their and I need a
job to life their, too. But it´s hard to find a job and I hope sb. can
help me. I would prefer to take care of kids again. But I´m open
minded maybe I could work as an english/german teacher or
maybe somebody knows somthing else. I´m looking forward to
hear from you!! My email address is gmx.net|tanja.hoderlein -
Dec 22, 2005 09:15
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Tanja,
If your Oral English is as fluent as your written English then you may be able to find a position teaching English and/or German. If you can get a visa for the duration of your stay then you may just be able to pick up private lessons or approach an agency.

Just be careful though as some of them(agencies) are a little unscrupulous especially if you are young and inexperienced.

Have a good search of the Internet and see what you can find. Do you have a University degree??? This will also be a big plus. Take copies of all relavent documents and any other experience you have.

There is probably not a lot of demand for a 'nanny' in China but there is for English speakers in kindergartens.

Sorry I can't give you any more specific help

Good luck.
Dec 22, 2005 19:14
  • CATHERINE
There are several universities in Changsha have German languange department, such as Hunan Normal University, the Central South University and Hunan University, and they may vacancy after the winter holiday.
Dec 27, 2005 15:02
  • TANJA
I´m glad to hear from you.

I would be pleased if you could help me again.

Do you know where I could pick up privat lessons? I was checking the internet but I couldn´t find anything.
Do you think it would be risky to say I´ll leave Germany and I hope to find a job when I´m in Changsha?
For me it´s hard because I have no teaching degrees or university degrees. I never taught english. I only taught as a tutor 2 years ago for younger mates. I applied for a teaching job in Changsha but they said that I need a special degree and two years teaching experience to start a job as a teacher in china.
Do you know english speaking families in Changsha or a web site where I could find something? Maybe there is a chance for me to contact them and maybe they know something more.
you wrote about kindergardens. Do you know any specific kindergarden where they are looking for english speacking people?
It is not important for me to earn a lot money more important for me is to be busy and to have a task.

Thank you a lot!
Dec 28, 2005 03:28
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Tanja,
I'd like to help you more but I'm not in Changsha myself. There are a couple of members who are and you can trace them from the threads.

You won't find private tutoring online, it is something that you can set up once you arrive.
Maybe you can follow your boyfriend out a little later and he could find the information and some private students for you.

You don't need a degree for every teaching position but you will need to prove your fluency in English and your teaching experience should be supported with reference letters etc.

You can always come out planning for a holiday and find work after you arrive. If you don't find work then you can enjoy a short holiday and return home. Six months or less is not too long a time to be apart but it is entirely up to you if you have the resources and the courage to take the challenge.

It will be a great experience whatever happens for you. Try to contact the other members in Changsha!! for some more specific information.

All the best
Jul 20, 2009 09:39
GUESTSIDI my name is sidi moulaye i am looking for a job my email yahoo.com|aichetoumoulay
Post a Reply to: I´ll go to changsha for half a year and I´m looking for a job - Can you help me???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code