Menu
suggested travel agent/ageny for tours help
Dec 24, 2005 01:58
  • GOT2GO
I am interested in everything from the light show and silver caves to bamboo rafting and reed flute caves. I've been looking over my guide books and reading forums and the prices for the same tour can run from 30Y(for a local) to 130Y.

I have a 2005 guide book which lists entrance fees, but sometimes they are much less or much more than I've found on area websites and traveller's forums.

Can anyone suggest a good place whether at a hotel or cafe or ticket office get entry tickets to various sights?

My trip is coming up soon and I'd like to have an idea of what it will cost.

Thank you.
Dec 25, 2005 11:08
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Got2go,
Like you I'm not sure we get the best deals from some of these places but we sued a guy called Jacko Xie at the Hard Seat Cafe to hire bikes, buy air tickets and pretty good seats for the light show and then a van to the airport the morning we left.
I found him pleasant, efficient and not too pushy. We didn't dine at his cafe but at another just a few doors up the street for a good western breakfast.
If you'd like more details send me a message and i'll pass them on. He's on the main street Pan Tao Lu not far from the corner of West street and easy to find but out of the hustle of town.

Enjoy your stay.
I really enjoyed riding out to the other small river and putting our bikes on the raft, swimming as we drifted and enjoying the real peace and quiet as we floated by the scenery.
Dec 25, 2005 11:09
  • JABAROOTOO
Sorry that should read 'We used a guy'
Dec 25, 2005 23:24
  • GOT2GO
Now that sounds like a winner. I'd like to eat at Western restaurant as well. I'll need transportation arrangements to the airport. I'll see if I can locate it on my map, but with the name and the approximate location, I shouldn't have any trouble.

I am so looking forward to that area. I think there a couple of night shows and I look forward to that.

I read somewhere that someone took a river trip and water was so low the boat scraped bottom. I guess I'll have to find out what all is available at the time.

Thanks much.
Post a Reply to: suggested travel agent/ageny for tours help
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code