Menu
Ideas for Guangdong province
Dec 25, 2005 05:13
  • ELLYSE
I finish my exams here in Shanghai on 4th Jan (might not be travelling directly after though), will be travelling with a fellow Jap classmate down to Guangzhou by 10th Jan to meet a Guangzhou friend who finishes her exams there on that day, then leaving around 14th Jan. I've already been to Guangzhou and Shenzhen, but not to the rest of Guangdong province. My Guangzhou friend wants to go to Zhongshan for at least 1 of the days when we're based in Guangzhou. So far other destinations that look appealing are: Shaoguan, Zhaoqing, Dongguan (Humen) and probably Foshan, if we've time. Any comments on the following will be appreciated... thanks all!

K47 train to Shaoguan arriving at 1507
- go directly to Danxia Mountain
- watch sunset, stay overnight on the mountain, have a lookie at the rest of the park for the next day
* Can we make it to the next destination by the evening? Or do we need to stay an extra night in Shaoguan and leave the 3rd morning?
* Any accommodation recommendations?

Train to Guangzhou (East) train station
- run an errand
* Dongguan-Foshan-Zhaoqing-Guangzhou or Zhaoqing-Foshan-Dongguan-Guangzhou? Which one is more preferable, or is there no difference?

Train to Zhaoqing
- visit 7 Star Crags till around 1600-1700
- make our way to Dinghu Mountain (since entrance after 1830 is free), stay overnight on the mountain, stroll around for the next day, then train to next destination
* Any accommodation recommendations?

Train to Foshan
- visit Zu Miao
* I'm not very keen on making a stop in Foshan just for the temple, unless someone can persuade me that it's really of much interest ie different from all the various other temples in China?
* Do I need more than 1 day to visit Zu Miao and perhaps the ceramic workshops? Not particularly keen to have to stay overnight here, doesn't look very interesting.

Train to Dongguan
- visit Opium War Museum
* Are Naval Warfare Museum and Weiyuan fort worth visiting too?

Train to Guangzhou
- visit Xiangjiang Wildlife Park (1 day), day-time visit to Shamian Island and Qingping market (half day), visit baby products market (half day), visit a teacher (1 day), trip to Zhongshan (1 day). I've been to most of the other sights in Guangzhou already, so please don't tell me to visit them again. :P
* Any of these other attractions worth visiting, given limited time? Conghua Hot Springs, Yingxi Forest of Peaks, Huangchuan Gorges, Youling and Sanpai Yao minority villages and something which I guess should be Grand View of World (???).
* Anyone knows anything about a certain Xiguan Folk Customs Museum, at Longjin Xilu, 84 Fengyuan Jie?

Flight back to Hangzhou from Guangzhou, CAAC bus transfer to Hangzhou train station, train back to Shanghai
Dec 26, 2005 00:28
  • CALIFORNIA
QUOTE:"Train to Dongguan
- visit Opium War Museum
* Are Naval Warfare Museum and Weiyuan fort worth visiting too?"

Weiyuan fort is worth to visit,I love this area,and you can see the wonderful Humen Bridge!!!

Do you know Qianyuan???It is a good place!!!
Dec 26, 2005 00:33
  • CALIFORNIA
From Foshan to Dongguan,pls don't arrive Dongguan train station,it is so far from Humen.Because Humen is in the south of Humen,near Shenzhen!and the train station is in the north,near Guangzhou!You would better to take a bus!!!

Maybe if you travel around in Pearl River Delta,Bus is the best choice,it is very convenience!From Guangzhou to Shenzhen,you can take the train:-)
Dec 26, 2005 23:53
  • ELLYSE
Where/what is Qianyuan?
Dec 27, 2005 00:08
  • CALIFORNIA
Qingyuan is in the north of Guangzhou!

And there was waterfull,under-river......very beautiful!

Post a Reply to: Ideas for Guangdong province
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code