Menu
budget hotel/cave opinions yangshuo & guilin
Dec 28, 2005 00:27
  • GOT2GO
Am going to Guilin and Yangshuo next month. Looking for budget accommodations for a double, not a hostel in both.

Have heard of Crown Cave and Water Caves in Guilin with no details. Would like information and/or opinions.

Would like the same regarding the Silver Cave, Fengyu Cave and Butterfly Cave in Yangshuo.

Thank you for any information or opinions you have.

PS Yangshuo is second stop. Our flights depart in afternoon. Best options from Yangshuo to airport?
Dec 28, 2005 01:16
  • ELLYSE
Try the Fawlty Towers in Yangshuo for a nice place to stay.
Dec 28, 2005 02:58
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi
There is plenty of good accommodation in Yangshuo and some of it will come looking for you. Expect to pay around Y100 for a double, may be more or less depending on the standard and location. Away from West street is a little cheaper and quieter.

To the airport there is nothing direct unless things have changed recently so ask around when you arrive and see what the response is but Jacko from Hard Seat Cafe organised a taxi/van for us for Y150 or Y180 which is reasonable considering the distance as it takes over an hour.

The light show cost us Y160 each too. I think you were interested is seeing that. Lot of money but most impressive especially if you are not likely to see another like it and Yang Yi Mou is a very creative guy.

Can't help with the caves, sorry. We didn't even have a look at any of them 'cos we'd already seen others around the country.

Do you know there are some pretty impressive Ming Dynasty tombs and ruins of the court that was in Guilin during that time. Apparently bigger and better than those around Beijing.

Enjoy you visit.
Dec 28, 2005 03:02
  • CALIFORNIA
QUOTE:"Do you know there are some pretty impressive Ming Dynasty tombs and ruins of the court that was in Guilin during that time. Apparently bigger and better than those around Beijing."

Hi,Jabarootoo,

Really?where is it???Ming Tomb???
Dec 28, 2005 19:54
  • GOT2GO
Great info. Didn't realize away from west street cheaper as well as quieter. Definitely want to see the night show. I was not aware of the tombs either. Any more on that?

I'll make notes to look for Jacko. At least this won't be the earlier flight that I'll be taking out of Xiamen which will be the last one figure out since I will be staying on the island. Not sure how long it takes and the earlies ferry there is at 5:30am.

Thanks much!
Post a Reply to: budget hotel/cave opinions yangshuo & guilin
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code