Menu
Day trip to 3 gorges?
Jul 6, 2004 14:59
  • WUGEHAIZE
I am working in Shanghai and would like to take a weekend/day trip to see the Three Gorges Dam. I would like to see the dam itself, and possibly see what's left of one of the towns that is about to be inundated. I don't have time for a long scenic boat ride, so I was thinking of flying up on a Friday night or Saturday morning, sightseeing, and then flying home to Shanghai Saturday night or Sunday morning.

What is the best way to do this? What city would I fly into? How do I book the flight and get the best airfare?

Once I am up there, how do I get from the airport to the dam and back? Are there buses, or do I need to rent a car/driver?

Low cost is important because I would also like to three of my sons with me.

Jul 6, 2004 17:13
  • CATHERINE
If you just want to see the Three Gorges Dam, it located in Yichang, Hubei province, you can fly directly from Shanghai to there, the one way airfare will be USD130.00 per adult, child under 12 enjoy half discount. The schedule can be like this: take flight to Yichang on Saturday afternoon, stay overnight there, visit the Dam next morning, then return to Shanghai in the afternoon of Sunday.

While if you want to take the Yangtze river cruise along the river, it will take you at least four days.
Jul 7, 2004 13:57
  • BONITA
"flying up on a Friday night or Saturday morning, sightseeing, and then flying home to Shanghai Saturday night or Sunday morning"

That would be very festinate! The 5-day cruise would be fantastic! The picture postcard lanscape of the two sides along the rive, such as the "Three Gorges", Shengnong Stream, etc would be amazing and unforgettable!
Post a Reply to: Day trip to 3 gorges?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code