Menu
Great Wall Cable Cars
Mar 30, 2004 11:02
  • EUNICE

We are going to Beijing again April 2003 and hope to visit the Great Wall again. Last time we went we visited (April 2000) Badaling but didn't see any sign of a cable car. Has anyone recently been and have you any info. please.
I have difficulty climbing and last time I only made it part way up the Wall and a cable car would help me a great deal.
Regards from a very wet, cold and windy Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire UK
Mar 30, 2004 11:02
  • BETH
We visited the Great Wall at Badaling in November. And no, I did not see a cable car. I had a badly sprained ankle and would have welcomed a cable car, but noone seemed to know anything about it.
I thought later I should have been more persistent in my enquiries as The Lonely Planet Guide, I think it was, mentions a cable car.
Mar 30, 2004 11:04
  • DANIEL
Eunice,There has been a cable car in operation for many years. You can direct your driver to take you the base station, saving you a long walk. From there, it's a pleasant and scenic ride to the top. Tickets are RMB30 for one way and RMB50 for a return ticket. This is about Sterling 2.40 and 4.00 respectively. For a nicer alternative, try the Great Wall at Mutianyu. It's quieter and less restored, but still has a cable car.
Mar 30, 2004 11:07
  • EUNICE
Daniel and Beth, Many thanks for the information. If you read this could you please let me know where the cable car is in relation to the coach park please? We are currently booked to go on an organised coach tour (thrown in with the holioday costs) and the coaches drop you at the large car park where all the touristy stalls are etc. However, we have time to organise our own trip if this coach park is nowhere near the start of the cable car. When we were there in 2000 we didn't see any sign of a cable car nor did the guide mention it.
Post a Reply to: Great Wall Cable Cars
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code