Menu
The Great Wall
Jan 3, 2006 17:31
  • PHOENIX
I have visited The Great Wall during Autumn. It a great sight.

Listed as World Heritage by UNESCO in 1987, the Great Wall belongs not only to China but also to the whole world.

Unlike other Natural and Cultural Heritage Sites, the Great Wall embraces such broad dimensions that nothing else can compare with. It runs across Northern China from east to west, providing protection to agricultural civilisation and ancient trading routes. It spans the history of China from past to present, witnessing the rise and fall of powers and dynasties.

Many parts of the Great Wall are gone, a lot are succumbing to the elements. Some have been buried by the desert, some destroyed by people. Still, the Wall stands silently, enduring the passage of time and greeting the changes of seasons.
If the Wall could talk, it would have many stories to tell. If you listen long enough, maybe you will hear one.

Jan 3, 2006 19:05
  • MAY001
The Great Wall is indeed great. Hope we can try our best to protect it.
Jan 3, 2006 19:13
  • RITA
I decide not to climb the Great Wall again, is that a good way to protect it. Hehe~
Jan 3, 2006 19:23
  • CALIFORNIA
I hope the Government should establish up a National Park for Great Wall!But it is really difficult to do this!
Jan 3, 2006 22:37
  • LEMONCACTUS
I don't think we can overstate how amazing the Great Wall is :) I will never forget meeting it!

Status as a World Heritage Site I hope will afford the Great Wall protection and ensure sustainable tourism.

This is a great link to the UNESCO site: http://whc.unesco.org/
Post a Reply to: The Great Wall
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code