Menu
Info needed in Xian
Jan 8, 2006 08:14
  • YKENG
Hi everyone,

A group of us 4 person will be reaching Xian on the 20th Jan. We intend to stay in Qi Xian Youth Hostel. Any comments on this hostel? Reliable? Is their heating facilities good?

As we will touch down on Xian airport at about 10.30am, By the time we settle down in Qi Xian Hostel, It will be around noon time and we know the sky will start to turn dark some time after 5pm.

With this is mind,

1) Can I ask what is the most desirable way of transport to make our way to see the terracotta warrior as we only have 1 afternoon (about 5hrs) to play with. Is it enough also?

2) We will also be at Hua Shan for 2 days and we hope to reach Hua Yin (base of Hua Shan) before noon time so that by the time we reach the accomodation on top hua shan, the sky has not turn dark. Hence, Can I ask, what are the correct bus to take so that we can reach Hua Yin in the morning? (We hope to take those bus that will leave on time and will go straight to Hua Shan without stopping)

3)Is it useful to engage a local to guide us to the top or its not neccessary? We intend to stay one night on top Hua Shan. Any tips or advices?

4)Lastly, we will be departing for LuoYang from Xian. Does anyone know how long will the train journey be? How much does one super fast soft seat cost from Xian to Luoyang? Will there be any problem in securing tickets to Luoyang during this period since its quite near CNY period?

Thanks all. Really looking forward to the trip!

Jan 8, 2006 08:45
  • CALIFORNIA
Near the railway station,many NO.306 buses waiting you to the Warriors!about one hour!

Sorry,I have never been to Huashan!

From Xi'an to Luoyang,and there were many trains do this trip!about 4 to 6 hours,20 to 55RMB,I think!

Have a nice trip!

Jan 8, 2006 19:40
  • MAY001
Maybe I can answer your questions:)
1) you can arrive at the terracotta warrior by tourist bus No.5 (the former No.306) at the railway station.It is written "游5" in Chinese. The bus starts every 15 mins. 8 Yuan will take you to the destination, terracotta warriors. REMEMBER one thing! Never go to other buses or follow the people who try to drag you to their buses!
Since Qi Xian Hostel is quite near to the rail station, you can get there on foot. Then, you can find the bus station in the SOUTHWEST corner of the railway station plaza.

2) You can take 游1 (tourist bus no.1)to Hua Shan Mountain also at the railway station plaza. The bus starts at 8 a.m., don't be late! I'm sorry I don't know the exact spot where you can take 游1. Still,never follow those who wants to drag you to their buses!!!

3)Sorry, i've no idea about this.

4)You may take 4 to 6 hours from Xian to Luoyang.The price of the ticket depends on what kind of train you take. Generally about 30-70 Yuan. I highly recommend you to ask your hostel book a ticket for you once you arrive at Xian. It's hard to get tickets during that period for the coming Chinese New Year!

Finally, wish u a good trip in Xi'an!

The picture I show you is the spot you can take 游5. The green bus in the picture will take you to the Terra Cotta Warriors!!

Jan 9, 2006 02:01
  • CONNY129
Qi Xian Youth Hostel
"Since it's winter, there is only a handful of travellers there. The room is nice and cozy, and very clean! The architecture of the place makes you feel that you are staying in a old chinese street..."
http://community.travelchinaguide.com/showtip.asp?tid=953&d=93&i=4
Jan 9, 2006 02:04
  • CONNY129
you don't need a guide if you just want to let him guide you to Huashan .
COLD ,COLD ,COLD ...
Post a Reply to: Info needed in Xian
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code