Menu
Info needed in Kaifeng
Jan 8, 2006 08:21
  • YKENG
Hi, I will be in Kaifeng on 25th Jan, Any tips on getting around in Kaifeng? Any must visit place, must eat stuff etc?

Anything to watch out too?

All tips and advices will be very much appreciated!

Thanks!
Jan 8, 2006 08:38
  • CALIFORNIA
Kaifeng is one of the archaic capital of China,and it has a lots of history places,especially of Song Dynasty!

And all the tickets of the place were expensive!I have been to Iron tower Park,Longting Park,Shanshaangan Business Hotel(a good one)!

The local food were delicious,and there was a local food street near drum tower!You can eat many kinds of food!and another place was name Kaifeng Diyi Lou,you can try it!

Baijimo is a good one:-)

Have a nice trip!

Jan 13, 2006 13:26
  • DOUTIN
To YKENG:

Hotel:
Hangzhou Guoji Dajiudian*** [100-150Y/night]+same for deposit. Say you've been there, and you paid 100 last time ;-) Xiangyang Lu, bus 10, 16

Food:
If you like snacks that's the place you are looking for, but Kaifeng Diyi Lou is one of the best the best in town. The food in the hotel is great, probably a little expensive compared to the snacks you can get only a 15min walk from your hotel. Well, not so clean but delicious. I personaly ever got sick.. Steamed stuffed buns are the best in Kaifeng. I've eaten some good ones in Xi'an as well. If you are coming to Qingdao buy me two boxes of peanut cakes [10Y/box] and a Kaifeng chicken [~25Y/piece]. I'll bill you when you get here, just kidding.. I mean, anything you eat in Kaifeng is good...

Visit:
Buy a map for 2Y even though it's written 2.50 and you'll see all the places to visit. There are all the buses on it, you can get to any place for 1Y, but taxis are so cheap and a little faster. Let's not forget Kaifeng's not big..so get on a bike and for min2-4Y he'll take you anywhere you want. Places to go: 清明上河园、开封府、大相国寺、潘家湖、杨家湖、龙亭......

Tea:
Kaifeng is famous for its Chrysanthemum Tea [开封菊花茶]

Enjoy!""

PS: nobody will call you to propose full-contact massage in your hotel room, that's why I always stay there ;-)
Post a Reply to: Info needed in Kaifeng
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code