Menu
against spam, together!
Jan 17, 2006 01:08
  • RITA
There is an old saying in Chinese is 因噎废食 - Refuse to eat to avoid being choked (kingsoft trans: refrain from doing sth. for fear of a slight risk). Kill the function of pasting a pic after the post is simple and easy way to avoid spam pics, but the reasons the function should be existed are much more than the reasons it should disappear.

My opinion is to keep it and use it properly.

When something new first appear, people (I mean everyone possible) feel excited about the new functions and may well over use or, say, abuse it, but later, the excitement cools off, people will use it in a more reasonable and proper way. We have already seen the phenomenon.

The good thing is that we found the problem and are trying to shoot the trouble. And most importantly, all the feedbacks came with positive attitude!

Let us be optimistic!
Jan 17, 2006 01:49
  • CONNY129
I don't agree to get rid of the function of uploading pictures with post ,it may work to avoid disgussing pics ,but if someone upload them to photo album ,what shall we do ?

Jan 17, 2006 02:40
  • CONNY129
Good idea ,Wocca .

we should discuss Photo Rules / Guidelines all together and then make a decision .

any other good ideas from others ?
Jan 17, 2006 19:28
  • MAY001
I don't agree with the "trusted OR respected members" system. That's not equal!!
Jan 17, 2006 20:23
  • SNOWBIRD
Trusted? Respected? Hahaha!! .... this suggestion makes me puke!!
Jan 17, 2006 20:43
  • CONNY129
the subjective judgement of who are respected or trusted members would not be fair enough .

actually ,it is an open coummunity here ,everyone can join in and share with us ,we should not judge a person by his rating but his useful contribution.
Jan 17, 2006 21:57
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear Conny, good point. :)
Jan 18, 2006 00:27
  • PEA28COCK
Hi, Mr. Wocca, I guess you must find a or some of Mr. Bean's pics on this forum. Well yes, there are still some. However all those a little bit disgusting ones have been removed by lovely administrators, right? :)
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: against spam, together!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code