Menu
About taxi fee in China.
Jul 15, 2004 11:19
  • LEON
In Xi'an, taxi starts at 5 RMB with 3kms, 1.3RMB per km, when the fee exceeds 10RMB it will increase to 1.8RMB per km, after 10 o'clock pm, you need to pay 50% more per km.
Jul 16, 2004 10:09
  • DAISY
To some foreigners and peopel from Shenzhen, Beijing, Shanghai, etc, the taxi fee is quite cheaper comparatively.
And it has already formed a habit(the government didn't ordian it as a regulation): the fee is adopted the method of to be rounded up or down.
That means if the price number showed on calculator is 13.4, you just give the taxi driver RMB13, and if it is 13.5 or above, just pay for RMb14.

Most important, the Xi'an taxi driver are very hospitable!!
Jul 28, 2004 15:24
  • ANNA
I think the taxi fare in Shenzhen is much higher comparatively. RMB 12.5 for the first three kilometers and RMB 2.4 for each additional kilometer.
Jul 29, 2004 04:42
  • INTIANJIN
In Tianjin there are two taxis types with different fees. One is a car and one is a minibus. Both start at 5RMB but the taxi charges out at 1.5RMB where the minibus charges out at 1.3RMB. One late Friday night I saw a taxi's meter on 3RMB instead of 1.5, we just negotiated a set price for the journey.
Jul 29, 2004 11:16
  • BILLIE
Generally speaking, the taxi fee at night would be more expensive than in the daytime. For example, the fare starts at RMB 5 for the first three kms, and RMB 1.2 for each additional km, as Leon mentioned above, but at night (RMB 6 and RMB 1.5 after 22:00 pm). And in Kunming, The fare is RMB 8 for the first three kilometers and RMB 1.8 for each additional kilometer (RMB 9.6 and RMB 2.7 after 22:00 pm).

And the minibus INTIANJIN said should be called "Mian Di" which is usually for the passengers with many baggage.
Jul 30, 2004 10:14
  • BONITA
About the calculating method of the Taxi fee, I don't like Beijing and shanghai's method whose fare includes not only the distance the car run, but also the time it takes, even the time when it wait for the red light turning into green, and the time how long the traffic jam lasts!
Aug 3, 2004 10:01
  • EASTEFEN
There are many taxis in Xiamen, but with a very good order. RMB 8 for the first 3 kms, and RMB 2 for every additional km.
Aug 5, 2004 00:46
  • INTIANJIN
Beijing taxis start the meter at 10RMB. The idling and per kilometre charge is 1.6RMB. After 15KM it goes up 20% and from 23:00-05:00 it costs 50% more. This was posted on the taxi window and translated to me. When I used the taxi in Beijing the meter started at 11RMB and went up 1RMB/km.
Aug 5, 2004 10:02
  • DAISY
Who knows other place's taxi fee? Which is the most cheapest one?
Aug 5, 2004 21:18
  • AOPAQ
Thanks very much for starting this post Leon...it is very useful info to know. And also many thanks to those who have already replied with further details.
However, I would also be interested in knowing the general fare from the airport to downtown since that is likely when I would first require a taxi. I also know that the airport is where tourists are often preyed upon by drivers trying to make more than the going rate. So I guess if you could also provide an approximate idea of the cost from the Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai etc. airports to downtown, I would find that most useful as well.

Thanks again!
Aug 6, 2004 10:33
  • BILLIE
Usually I would take the shuttle bus from the airport, which takes RMB 25. And then I will take Taxi or Bus to the destination I want.
If you choose taxi, the fee would be RMB 80 at least. And if you are a foreigner, I think the fee would be much higher absolutely. And more important, the taxi diver would make up the number (he want to take 3 passengers for one tome). I think it is TERRIBLE!!!
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: About taxi fee in China.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code