Menu
Lixuan - Where Legion Lost and Found
Jan 18, 2006 19:12
  • RITA
I have not been to Lixuan- 骊轩or 骊靬 yet, though I have been only a few kilometers away from it. My plan is to pay a visit to Lixuan the beginning of 2006.

For years, the university I once studied have been focusing on the history of Lixuan deeply and extensively, and the study has not been over yet.

Now, all that I know were either from internet or from the people who have ever lived close to the area.
Jan 18, 2006 19:15
  • RITA
What happened? I chose the icon with glasses, but it appeared like this...

Jan 18, 2006 19:23
  • RITA
I am wondering if Lixuan骊轩 is the transliteration of LEGION?

Exact location:
甘肃省永昌县焦家庄者来寨

Zhelai Villiage, jiao's town, Yongchang County, Gansu (there seems no equivalent units in English)

1989, there was a scholar from Australia found a place (in a book, not personally been there) where Han Dynasty settled their captives accidentally, it was called Lixuan...
Jan 18, 2006 19:28
  • RITA
There are quite a number of people with high and straight noses, blue eyes and blonde hair - almost all of them changed their hair color - that's the only thing they can change, easier than to change their blues eyes into dark or cut their noses small... :-)

They speak local dialect, call themselves "Han nationality".
Jan 18, 2006 19:28
  • MAY001
Tell me more, Miss Rita.
Jan 18, 2006 19:32
  • CONNY129
I also met the problem not only once :(
Jan 18, 2006 19:33
  • RITA
They like cows and bullfight very much; when people die, their relatives will put their heads westward in coffins - those are two things evidently different from the real local Han people...
Jan 18, 2006 19:42
  • RITA
Chinese Academy of Sceinces made a DNA test of the local poeple, concluded that they kept 46% of European bloodline...

THIS is not the end of the story..., because no sufficient documents or evidence showed they were the descendants of legion which got lost thousands of years ago in the East...
Jan 18, 2006 19:53
  • RITA
I saw people from Zhelaizhai several times in other towns of Gansu Province, first I didn't know their origin, I was surprised how they behave like CHINESE!

- If you ever paid attention, except the different languages, Chinese and Westerners are so different - the way they walk, the way they talk, body languages, the way they look at the people they know and strangers... ...

When you see Caucasians dress and behave like downright Chinese and speak one of the Northwest dialects which considered to be very, very 土, you will be surprised, too. :-)
Jan 18, 2006 20:18
  • RITA
Well, I have no idea on how people in Han Dynasty pronounce 骊轩-Lixuan, so my supposing Lixuan to be the transliteration of Ligion was just convenient and lazy way to put on some less important thing on the existed study results.

IF it was not like that, i.e. the DNA results only told the world that the Caucasians in Zhelaizhai were descendants of Europe, but not real legion - if ever legion had descendants in Europe, that would be greatly helpful, but if they do not have brothers or sisters that have the similar DNA, more similar than just 46%. Scientists still have a long way to go.

One thing is for sure, they were not Chinese.

(wow, what a mess, i hope you understand what I meant, haha~)

I will stop guessing groundlessly here...

PS. my knowledge on DNA closes to "0" - zero, so the figure 46% does not mean much to me. If anyone here could disabuse me on the true meaning of this number, I will be grateful.:-)
Jan 18, 2006 20:22
  • CALIFORNIA
46%???Too much!!!

And more detail?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Lixuan - Where Legion Lost and Found
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code