Menu
who is our idols
Jan 18, 2006 21:23
  • MARCOPOLO
Hi ,guys , do you have idol in your mind ?
I admire Marcopolo ,that is why I choose his name as my ID ,but I found that nowadays idols among ya are not those giant who made great achievement and contribution to the whold society ,but those pop singers ,movie stars ~~ why ?
Jan 18, 2006 21:35
  • RITA
I think that young people admire pop stars, singers and movie stars, etc is quite reasonable and understandable.

When we were in primary school, most of us if not all of us were told we should live like Leifeng and we should admire scientists or whoever achieved the very high standards by HARD WORK.

But the cruel reality now shows that HARD WORK could not necessarily bring your success or even the feeling of being successful. Think about it, what is more attractive: 1, Zhao Wei became famous and rich almost overnight!
2, People work hard their whole life could not even get enough to support their kids to college?

The pressure of living in the society is huge, people are becoming more and more admire the people become successful overnight - - what is more - - without hard working.
Jan 18, 2006 21:42
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Different people have different idols of their own. That's a kind of choice. If your idol is Liu Hulan, then you cannot force others to follow your choice, right?
Besides, don't all those pop stars deserve admiration? :)
Jan 18, 2006 21:48
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
In fac many of those pop stars have a certain kind of spirit from which we can learn something.
Jan 18, 2006 21:51
  • CONNY129
imo,it is just a entertainment ,make us feel happy and smile .sometimes pop songs made heart resonance ,we ease from those melodies .some love stories acted by movie stars touched the deep soul of people ,some movies show us a unknown world ,made us exciting ~~~ short escape from the cruel reality.

we admire them not only because they bought us laughters ,partly because we envy their personal achievement and fortune.
Jan 18, 2006 22:04
  • SNOWBIRD
Oh Marco, you are free to idolize the late Mr. Polo. I have heard his name but I am not sure how great he is.

the problem is that his name mean nothing to me. I don't feel happy or excited when I heard his name.

Give me Jolin Tsai any day. Just her name being mentioned will sent shivers down my spine. I love her, every bit of her. I eat thinking of Jolin. I sleep thinking of Jolin. I am now thinking of Jolin.

Marco Polo? Who is he? Can he sing? Can he dance?
(Sorry, just kidding!!)
Jan 18, 2006 23:44
  • RITA
People started to doubt long before if Marco Polo himself ever really came to China:-)
Jan 18, 2006 23:47
  • RITA
It is said that no sufficient documents or record (at this side) to prove that China had such a guest called Marco Polo during Yuan Dynasty... Who knows? :-)

Jan 19, 2006 00:27
  • CALIFORNIA
Marcopolo is a great man,I think!

I have no idols now!and when I was a pupil,I like listening the songs of "Little Tiger Group"(Xiao Hu Dui)~~~~~~

And now,maybe I am old!

Jan 19, 2006 01:21
  • CONNY129
what a coincidence! me too ,Cali
I downloaded their "flying butterfly " just weeks ago ,it reminds me some unforgottenable memories
Jan 19, 2006 01:24
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,conny!We are in the same generation:-)

I like their song"Love""Goodbye""The date of Stars"......Every song:-)

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: who is our idols
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code