Menu
Volunteers to China!
Jan 19, 2006 05:56
  • AASAYID
Are you the adventurous kind?
Would you like to live, learn and work in an international environment?
Would it interest you to work with rural community development in poor, remote Chinese mountain villages?
Is international volunteering in Zambia or India something that appeals to you?

We are a school working with cultural education and community development in Yunnan province, southern China.

We run following activities;
1. Yunnan Institute of Development, which is an adult education center offering an 11 months volunteer program in which studies on development and humanitarian issues go hand in hand with community work in Daxi village – one of the poorest parts of the country.
2. One 'Child Aid' project, which has as its purpose to improve the living standards of children in poor rural areas in Yunnan province. The project follows an international 10-lines program and is based in the district of Daxi.
3. Local cultural education in Yunnan province. This includes e.g. language studies and studies on HIV/AIDS.

If anything above interests you, then contact us for more information on our volunteer program:
volunteerchina.org|Aasa
Jan 19, 2006 19:40
  • ETHNICEAST
yes, i think there is a trend and some of the travelers may want to volunteer some of their time doing some meaningful work while touring china. i see there is a section on volunteering but i am not sure who is trying to regulate this and how other options for "voluntourists" can be setup or given a platform.
you may you write in to formalise it, otherwise, folks here will think of you as advertising.

Post a Reply to: Volunteers to China!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code