Menu
price of beer
Jan 23, 2006 13:45
  • BARRY1
I am going to Beijing in March and have a question about the price of beer. How much will 1 beer be at a grocery store, at a bar and also at a restaurant. Do I bargain about the price? Just so that you know a little about myself I am non-chinese but I can speak a little chinese and wonder if I would be charged more because of this.
Jan 23, 2006 17:25
  • MINDY
Hi Barry1... Beer is relatively cheap in Beijing. When I was there last (a few years ago) I could get a large bottle of Yanjing for about 2 kuai. But if you want the "fancier" stuff, then the price goes up! When we were out, bars had Asahi and Tsingtao for about 10 kuai for a regular sized bottle/can.

I never bargained for beer...you just buy it at either restaurants, bars, clubs, or markets so the prices are fixed. I think each store has a different price on beer (not a big difference, but a difference nonetheless). If you want to buy Corona and things like that, the price gets to be comprable to the prices you pay back at home.

I remember Poachers in San Li Tun did very cheap draft beer at 10 kuai. I would definitely check them out. Hope that helps!
Jan 23, 2006 18:22
  • RITA
Beer is pretty cheap in China, 2 or 3 yuan one bottle(local brand). You don't have to bargain, i don't think they will charge you more on beer.
Jan 23, 2006 19:04
  • CONNY129
in supermarket ,the price is the lowest ,usually 2 yuan for domestic brand ,7--12 for int'l brands.
at a grocery store ,the price is a little bit higher than super market but not much ,2 or 3 for a domestic brand beer ,you can hardly find international brands there.
restaurant , the price is higher , usually double or trebel than grocery store ,you have more choice there.
most expensive beer you will find in bars ,int'l brands is the leading part , Budweiser , Henick ,Carsberg(Chill) ,Corona ~~~
200 -- 400 for a dozen .
Jan 23, 2006 19:07
  • CONNY129
no way to bargain :P

Cheers !
Jan 24, 2006 00:37
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
I heard that there is a bar selling Tibetan Beer in Beijing. If you find Tibetan Beer, don't miss it! It's the most delicious and purest beer in China!
Jan 24, 2006 00:44
  • CALIFORNIA
In Beijing,if you want to buy a beer:

In shop:about 2,2.5 or 3RMB for common beer,and some kinds were more expensive,but most of them were less 5RMB;

In Bar:about 15---30RMB;

In restaurant:the cheapest one about 4RMB,and some kinds were 8,10 or 12RMB.

I have never bargained!And I think you can't bargain with the seller.

Cheers!

Jan 25, 2006 04:09
  • LEMONCACTUS
Here in Benxi the local beer is Long Shan Quan (dragon mountain spring) for a 650ml bottle of the 'pu tong' normal stuff it's ONLY 1.5 RMB.... he he he.... and I've had lots of it :)

Jan 25, 2006 08:25
  • SPOERLE
Dear Barry,
it is a very good idea to bargain. Start with it in Chinese restaurants. But make sure that you have finished your meal and your drinks. You always
have to bargain afterwards.
It helps if you have a menue of a very cheap restaurant. You show it to the waitress and start to bargain.
Good luck!
Jan 25, 2006 08:39
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Lemoncatus,

Welcome your backing!

Long Shan Quan???The name was sweet!
Jun 27, 2011 08:09
GUEST31135 i am going to china urumchi and kashgar any one there to join me
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: price of beer
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code