Menu
bike riding in yangshou
Jan 23, 2006 19:45
  • TRAVELWORM
Can you Hire good bikes in Yangshou?
Is the riding hard (many Hills)
How far are the next towns and which ones are best to visit?
Jan 23, 2006 20:01
  • RITA
>Can you Hire good bikes in Yangshou?

Yes, absolutely.
-------------------------------------

>Is the riding hard (many Hills)

No, the road is fine.
-------------------------------

>How far are the next towns and which ones are best to visit?

It depends, you can ride along the Yulong River to see the beautiful countryside, 2 hours is fairly enough. Or you can ride to the Moonhill, etc, half day is enough for side trips around Yangshuo.
Jan 25, 2006 04:24
  • LEMONCACTUS
Rita is spot on.

A friend and I hired bikes in Yangshuo last summer (Aug 2005). They are very cheap, maybe 10 or 20RMB for the whole day.

It's very flat and you can go exploring for as little or as long as you want. It's a beautiful place that seems as though it has been caught in a time warp.

A great idea is to ride along the river Rita suggests, do this as far as you feel like and then grab a bamboo raft back down the river. They will carry you and your bike... try to bargain on the price though... it's a fabulous experience with waterfalls, swimming opportunities and the odd floating beer seller (why not treat yourself and your skipper to a bottle!!)

Enjoy :)
Jan 25, 2006 04:28
  • LEMONCACTUS
Ooops, missed that last bit.

The nearby town/village of Xing Ping is lovely, I suspect how Yang shuo used to be before tourism took over it. I'm not sure if you can ride a bike there though, we took a mini bus. Definitely worth a look and a good place to cruise the Li Jiang River too.
Post a Reply to: bike riding in yangshou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code