Menu
SCAMS AND WARNINGS
Mar 11, 2010 02:56
GUEST93140 I was taken to Sundy Coffee in Shanghai last night by a local asking to her improve her English whilst I walked down Nanjing rd. I ordered a coffee and and she ordered a tea - she said she had money. She then ordered whiskey and one for me. After 2.5 whiskeys’ for me we got the bill. It was 3000RMB and she said she expected me to pay. After a big fight with the girl and the waitress, I paid 1/2 = 1500RMB to get out of there. I am very embarrassed and cheated.
Jun 12, 2010 01:28
GUEST64326 yeah i got hit bad by Sundy Coffee... insane defiantly do NOT talk to anybody seeming friendly in tourist areas.
Jun 27, 2010 23:34
GUESTSCAMMED... Sundy Coffee, 558 7th Floor Nanjing East Road, Shanghai.
I was approached by two very cute girls in their late 20's on that very busy street near People's Square. It was obvious they are not after my looks or overweight body. They suggested we have tea together, which sounded reasonable. After all, paying a few bucks for a chit-chat with two local beauties seems like a good deal. Having no clue where to go, they suggested Sundy Coffee. After the first round of tea they ordered 3 whisky shots. I told the waitress only 2 because I do not drink. the waitress ignored me, pretending not to hear or understand my "pu yao" (I don't want it). The girls did not finish their drinks but ordered two more round regardless of my protest and telling the waiter "pu yao" all the time. The "cheap talk" ended costing me over $400, yes, this is US Dollars. Interestingly, when the bill arrived the hostess undrstood english very well...
Jun 28, 2010 04:46
  • JIMMYB
Again, drinking tea or coffee. Why do so many foreigners fall into such a trap easily? Here is my suggestion: Don't talk to the strangers when you are in a place that you are not familiar with. Keep alert, especially when pretty girls get close to you. When they come to you and invite you to drink tea or coffee, you should ask yourself "Why do they invite a stranger?"

Please DO NOT lose your mind when seeing pretty girls.
Jan 14, 2011 21:08
GUEST30106
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST01539 View Post

Please include on your list of scam places this coffee shop:
Sundy Coffee, 558 7th Floor {Nanjing,http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/nanjing.htm} East Road, {Shanghai,http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/shanghai.htm}.
The coffee or tea is 50 RMB, but one Scotch (diluted by water 50-50).will take you down for 300 RMB. Do not go there - waitresses and your invitee collaborate and overpriced drinks are ordered behind your back very quickly. ...

Its true, I ended up paying 4000 RMB when we went to this shop. Some local girl lured you to go there. Its totally fraud
Jan 15, 2011 17:08
GUEST11153 This place, Sundy Coffee, on the 7th floor, has been cheating naive tourists for some time. How come nobody reported it? how come it's still in business?
Jan 15, 2011 21:05
GUEST3502
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST11153

This place, Sundy Coffee, on the 7th floor, has been cheating naive tourists for some time. How come nobody reported it? how come it's still in business?

Try not to be a naive tourist. I do not understand why you believe a stranger and would like to drink coffee with her. Is it because she is beautiful? Or do you have a agenda?

Aug 11, 2011 08:32
GUEST10130 I js got into the scam.. lost 800RMB.. i aware the scam while waiting for drinks.. but it's too late.. damn it.. it's 6th Floor next to the steamboat restaurant.. Nanjing West Road..
Aug 12, 2011 09:05
  • CROSIS
I would also be cautious of taxis in Beijing waiting outside Dongzhimen subway station (the Airport express station). Most have fixed meters that charge many times the actual cost. The simple rule with any taxi is when he starts his meter and it says more than 10rmb (most fixed cabs start at 25rmb or more) just stop and get out straight away. Also do not pay just to get away from them. If you call for a policeman they often leave very quickly indeed.
Nov 6, 2011 10:40
GUEST94212 i'm bit anxious - my solo trip to shanghai is weeks away. i 'm a hongkonger lived half life outside asia. language not a problem but i was taught to trust people and so it seems so so scary now.. the airport taxi reliable ? or do i have to book pickup services ahead ? many thanks !!!!
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: SCAMS AND WARNINGS
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code