Menu
Village names
Jan 24, 2006 03:22
  • CHARAK63
Hi friends,
Could anyone please let me know names of small villages on the border of Provinve of Gansu Sheng and Qinghai. I know a couple of them like Matisi, Dunle, Zhangmanzhai. Infact I plan to visit these in coming summer.
Jan 24, 2006 18:49
  • CALIFORNIA
From my map,at the side of border:Qinghai:Suli,Tuole,Bianmagou,Qilian,
Ebao,Panpo,Meanyuan,Minhe,Xunhua,
Tongren,Henan......Gansu:Qiqing,Sunan,
Minle,Liancheng,Jishishan,Xiahe,Maqu......
Jan 24, 2006 18:57
  • RITA
Hi Charak63,

I only know Matisi and actually have been there among the three names you mentioned.

Matisi - literally "Horse Hoof Temple" - 马蹄寺, located in Sunan Yugur Autonomous County, about 65 kilometers away from Zhangye. Zhangye is an important town along the silk road, but it is too small to have an airport. You can get there by train from Lanzhou. But Zhangye is close to Jiayuguan and Dunhuang, if you happen to plan to have a visit to Dunhuang, you can visit Matisi along the way.

I'll keep looking for the information of the other two places ...
Jan 24, 2006 19:00
  • RITA
Matisi is really worthwhile for a visit:

Jan 24, 2006 19:02
  • MAY001
The border line betweeen the two province is sooo long! There must be hundreds of villages!! Which do u want to know??
Jan 24, 2006 19:03
  • CALIFORNIA
But rita,a friend told me,Matisi was destoryed so heavily,and you can't see so much of it!

I don't know!
Jan 24, 2006 19:14
  • RITA
You must have tried this map:

http://www.fallingrain.com/world/CH/15/Zhangmanzhai.html

I looked at it, and I think Zhangmanzhai is located near Minle, well, to be more specifically, it is between Minle, Qinghai Lake and Jinchang city. ANd from the map it is also not far from Zhangye/ Matisi.

Hope it helps.
Jan 25, 2006 04:59
  • CHARAK63
Thanks for your prompt response. I want villages between Obo and matisi south eastern side. Though they are remote and so small but I belive wonderful to see.
Feb 17, 2008 20:48
GUEST47171 I'am the great grand daughter of Yap Tuaco base on the marriage coontract of his son Felipe Fernando and daughter in law Marta Timbol.In the said marriage contract the mother of Felipe Fernando is Joaquina Fernadndo of Angat , Bulacan , Philipppines.While Yap tauco is from Guagua, Pampaga, Philippines. When I talked to a certain Mrs Yap who happened to be the wife of Apong Tonga Yap of San Jose San Fernando. Pampanga. She said that Yap Tauco is a Chinese business man who migrated in Guagua, Pampanga, Philippines together with a certain Yap Cha.
My grandfather Felipe Fernando married my grandmother Marta Timbol of San Jose San Fernando , Pampanga, Philippines.They migratedin Pikit, Cotabato, Philippines. They engage in grocery business, coconut industry, they had a boat, a hotel in Pikit , Cotabato, Philippines.
My father was born in Pikit, Cotabato, Philippines last August 24, 1924. when he was less than 10 years old. Their family went to China for a vacation. When they were in China. Her mother learned that his father had a Chinese wife. Her mother was confronted by the Chinese wife. My grand mother returned to the Philippines leaving behind his 2 children: Enrique and Pedro. Up to this time they are in China. Then my grand mother separated with my grand fatherr.My grand mother lost connection with the relatives of my grandfather.Suya Yap. Cesar Yap who works in good morning Bazar , Divisoria , Manila, Philippines . Valentin Yap, Lorenzo Yap. and etc.
All records pertaining to their whereabouts were lost when my grand father died followed by the dearth of his eldest son Pacifico Fernando. Then the house of my grandmother was burned.
Last 1988 I went to Guagua< Pampanga and met the grandson of Yap Tauco from his Chinese wife by the name of Yap Chu Ching. He said he doesn't know my grandfather. But he wrote someone in China and somebody replied to us by the name of Hua Ching who claimed to be the son of one of the brothers of my father. His adress was Sheyi Village, Shishan, Nanan, Fujian, China. I was looking for the street map but i can't find the said village.
My son and daughter went to China last year they said they can't find said place. Another daughter is going to China. Can someone help her by providing a street map ?
Feb 17, 2008 22:23
  • FAERIEQUEENE
A google of "Nanan" takes me to the Côte d'Ivoire....!
Feb 24, 2008 02:45
  • ELLYSE
Nan'an: 南安
Someone forgot the aprostophe. :P
Shishan (village?): 石山村 --> I'm guessing for this one! It seems to be listed as being under the jurisdiction of Quanzhou, not Nan'an. But it IS quite close geographically to Nan'an.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Village names
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code