Menu
Hotel by Tinneman Square and reasonable and trusty driver
Jul 20, 2004 14:21
  • MJABELMATHEW
I am planning to go to Beijing at the end of October. Are there any specific hotels you can suggest to stay by Tinneman Square? is Taxi expensive to go from places to places? How far is Great Wall from there? Any tips appreciated Need a cab driver who can be trusted and reasonable.

Jul 21, 2004 10:43
  • ANNA
Maybe you can consider the Beijing Hotel:D
It is located in downtown Beijing near Chang'an Avenue and Wangfujing Street. Hotel is only a five minute walk to Tiananmen Square. 40.0 Km from the airport, 2.0 Km from the railway station

And it is one of the most recognizable buildings in Beijing. From here, there are great views facing the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. Wangfujing-the most famous shopping district in Beijing- is also conveniently located.
Jul 21, 2004 10:52
  • BILLIE
Taking taxi is really expensive. If you are capable in bargaining, maybe you can get a reasonable and ideal price.
Badaling is located at Yanqing County, more than 70 kilometers northwest from the center of Beijing City.
Transportation: Take bus No.919 from DeShengmen station (one bus every 15 miniutes), and bus Tourist No.1 from the Front Gate (near bus No.17 station), and bus Tourist No.2 from the east road of Beijing Railway station( near bus No.103 terminus) or from the West Gate of the Museum of Chinese History. Also, take bus Tourist No.3 from DongDaqiao( near bus No.28 station),and bus Tourist No.4 from Peking Zoo station of XiZhimen or from the Apple Garden station, either take bus Tourist No.5 from the west Taxi station at the Front Gate, or bus Tourist No.8 from AnDingmen or Qianmen station, which all could get there directly.(The starting time of every Tourist bus is 6:30 in the morning), and all would spend you about 40 minutes in arriving there.

Jul 22, 2004 13:24
  • MJABELMATHEW
Hi
Do you think you can get a reliable driver for me, who can speak English and drive me around for 4 days . How much do you think it cost? I might be staying at Sino Swiss hotel, Xiao Tianzhu Village, P.O. Box 6913, Shunyi District 100621 Beijing, China to to the main attractions. This is because free bus will pick me up and drop me off to the airport. Please reply to hotmail.com|mjabelmathew
Thank you for your time.
Matt
Jul 23, 2004 09:10
  • DAISY
Hi, Matt!
I know a member,HENRYZ, whom I met in this community. And he is a Beijing local. I've told him about you. I think you may can contact him via message. You can find him in MEMBER.

Good luck!
Jul 23, 2004 13:01
  • MJABELMATHEW
Daisy
How is the weather in Beijing at end of October. Is it cold? Do I need a jacket? How do you get this guy Henryz's e-mail address.
Thank you for your time.
Jul 30, 2004 10:45
  • DAISY
It would be a little bitter cold at that time, and may be with some sand storm and strong wind. I've sent you a message to you, please check:D
Aug 8, 2004 14:17
  • MATT
Daisy
I din't get the message.
Please send it again to hotmail.com|mjabelmathew
Aug 8, 2004 22:38
  • HENRYZ
Hey, Matt

I am the one Daisy mentioned, Henryz.

I lived in Beijing, if you have any questions,
be free to contact me at hotmail.com|henryz059.

Welcome to Beijing!

Aug 8, 2004 23:20
  • INTIANJIN
I just got back from Beijing staying in a hotel near Tiananmen Square.

On Da Zha Lan Street and adjoining streets are lots of
The one I stayed in was HengYe Hotel (180RMB/night for 3rd floor. I got 180RMB for 2nd floor by haggling) The phone number is 010-63179178 or 010-63179132.
Its location is great because its on Da Zha Lan Street. Tiananmen Square is walking distance and the hotel is surrounded by markets and in an old style area.

In my Travel Review of Beijing you'll find some info on the hotels around Tiananmen Square. As for a trustable taxi driver in Beijing... from what I saw when I was there; is that taxi drivers are out for themselves and have huge eyes for money. I just rickshaw'd my way around Tianjin from point A to B. I went on a tour also. Rickshaws are 5-6RMB but they'll want 30-50 because your a foreigner.
Aug 9, 2004 09:43
  • DAISY
Hi, Matt!
Hope you can contact Henryz successfully:D
And also hope Henryz, a totally Beijing local, can give you a help more or less.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Hotel by Tinneman Square and reasonable and trusty driver
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code