Menu
Fireworks for kids!
Jan 26, 2006 01:55
  • BENJAMIN
I've been working out of town this week in country side CQ. I just love this time of year in China - Having never experienced it before - how wonderful to see all the people enjoying them selves to the fullest. Even in the downtrodden, poor and squalid conditions, found in rural China where i currently live. Seeing everyone participating in such a huge communal event like Spring festival is not only interesting but inspiring.

I took advantage of the accessibility of fireworks and spent RMB100 to distribute amongst the children and families I come accross over the festival holiday.

I remember how much as a young child i loved fireworks; and in my memory i recall pleasure they brought me, and with truth thy still do. Before western society - somewhere between the cash-cow of public liability, *** retentiveness and relentless pursuit to ban anything that brings the slightest amount of fun. They were no more...

The little boy in the picture was with his mother looking at the firework display, with wide eyes and eager smile. from what i could see they could only afford him one small packet. I couldn't help myself - I brought him a great big box of rockets. Their smiles were priceless...

B

Jan 26, 2006 02:05
  • BENJAMIN
Happy People!!!!!

Jan 26, 2006 02:13
  • CONNY129
I was touched ...

I saw another meaning of firecracker , not only add some festival flavor but also bring a uncommon chance for children to play and enjoy
Jan 26, 2006 17:50
  • CALIFORNIA
My brother loved it very much,and every spring festival,he had a lot of fireworks:-)

But I have no feeling of this!And I think it should do it in happy days!Pls be careful!
Jan 26, 2006 20:21
  • SUETERRY
Thank you for that inspiring story. Happy New Year.
Jan 26, 2006 20:53
  • ROGERINCA
Ben, how nice it is to read your words and feel the emotion of the kind heart and gentle spirit !! Best wishes to you and keep up the good work and the faith !! :) :)
Post a Reply to: Fireworks for kids!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code