Menu
Where to go in China???
Jan 26, 2006 20:23
  • TONYLUKE
Hi all,

My friend and I are about to embark on a large 2 year journey around the globe.

Our starting destination is Hong Kong, and we plan to make our own way in and around China until we reach Beijing. Because of out timeframe, we would want to spend roughly a month travelling in China

Until now we've done little to no research on what we'd like to see and do and now we're looking for some advice on the must-sees and must-dos in China. We're leaving on 31st of March.

Any suggestions/advice for a trip of our type would be appreciated!!!
Jan 26, 2006 21:08
  • GZSTEVENZHOU
Hi Tonyluke,
There are a number of tourist attractions nearby Hong Kong, apart from Macao.
ShenZhen, next to Hong Hong;
Zhuhai, next to Macao;
Guangzhou, Capital of Guang Dong province;
Shantou, coastal city;
Shaoguan
Zhaoqin
If you're interested in this stuff, pls contact me through email at: hotmail.com|gzstevenzhou
Jan 26, 2006 21:23
  • LOVEISVERB
Click "tours" button at the top of this page, you'll get hundreds of ideas on where to go and what to see.

Good luck!
Jan 27, 2006 02:56
  • BELLELI
strongly recommended: Hainan, the only tropical paradise in China. There is no winter here. You will feel a different world. Believe me!

Want to know more, please take a look at 'www.chinasanya.com'.

Hope it helps! And welcome to China!
Feb 7, 2006 20:37
  • PINETREE
TonyLuke,
Unless you love the cities, minimise your visits to the Chinese cities except for Shanghai/Beijing to see for yourself how the 2 main cities of China are really like compared to other major cities int he world.
Instead I suggest you drop into the smaller towns of China and generally off-track regions - they are more interesting and reflects the uniqueness of the country.
Look up this website or ask for more recommendations here & decide for yourself what u want.
You will be surprised at how beautiful this country is - look at the increasing no. of foreigners( most of whom refuse to leave !), tourists & repeated visitors to the country and you should have an idea of how nice this country can be.
Have fun on your travel in China.
Feb 7, 2006 22:24
  • SNOWBIRD
Take the advice of loveisverb. Do some research on your own. Who knows what is your idea of "must see" & "must do"? You may need a few years in China if people here recommend you to those "must see/do" things. China is no small place, you know?
Feb 7, 2006 22:38
  • JADELEO66
guilin, hanghai, beijing, yuannan, lijiang, dali, ian it is must sees and welcome to contact me for guilin information
Feb 8, 2006 02:07
  • FLANKER
Hongkong-Shenzhen-Guilin-Huangguoshu Waterfall(Guizhou)-Jiuzhaigou(Sichuan)-Lahsa(Tibet)-Xi'an(Shanxi)-Luoyang(He'nan)-Beijing-Shanghai.
Any questions, pls mail yahoo.com.cn|flanker1118
Nice trip!
Feb 8, 2006 09:28
  • CARLHAWK
You MUST spend time in Yunnan province -- see some of the most magnificent scenery AND some of the best preserved "cultures" in China.

Do lots of reading before deciding what you want to give time. This is a large, diverse country. Make choices you'll love.
Enjoy.
Post a Reply to: Where to go in China???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code