Menu
Lhasa to Kashgar
Jan 27, 2006 18:34
  • COCO213
Hi All,

We're going to be back in China again in June this year and are keen on doing a loop from say Chengdu to Lhasa to Kashgar and then along the Silk Rd back to Beijng. The part that's got us stumped is the Lhasa to Kashgar part of the journey.

Has anyone been overland from L to K before? Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Coco213
Feb 3, 2006 20:55
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
You are brave to have the idea of traveling around China especially from Lhasa to Kashgar. Most people will hire motorcars in Lhasa and then drive west to Ngari first. Then people will go north to Kashgar. The route will be harsh and difficult, so find a good motorcar and experienced driver!!
Mar 19, 2006 06:07
  • AAAJJJMMM
g'day, i'm living in xian at the moment and thinking of doing the same loop from here about the same time but i'm gonna go around the other side of the mountains. i've seen the big cities on the east of china but not yet done kashga and tibet. so i figure i'l go xian, chendu, lhasa, kathmandu (nepal), dehli (india), islamabad (pakistan), kashi (china), urumuqi, and back to xian. i plan to do it in 2 months over the summer break which might be longer than you planned to. it requires a couple of visas too for india and pakistan and nepal. however i reckon it will be a good route and its my answer to wanting to do kashgar and tibet. have a good one, azz.
Mar 19, 2006 08:24
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Coco,

There was a road from Lhasa to kashgar,but I don't know if there were buses!!!
Post a Reply to: Lhasa to Kashgar
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code