Menu
www.ctrip.com - did somebody book flghts via internet
Jan 28, 2006 08:40
  • TANJA
Hi,

I would like to book a flight with www.ctrip.com
My problem is that I never heared something about this internet link and I don´t know if they are dependably and if I can book flight from germany with my german credit card.

Thank you for your help,

Tanja
Jan 29, 2006 13:23
  • ROGERINCA
Dear TANJA,

I hope I can provide some insight with respect to your question: First, yes I have utilized on-line ticket services for travel to China from the US. I did not use the one you referred to, but I did not have any issues or problems with the on-line service I had selected. I think most of these major companies are mainstream businesses and they are honest and reliable. Also, I looked at the web-site for the company you mentioned, and it also appears (to me) to be a very mainstream and reliable business !!

Having said all of that, I now use, here in California, the services of a reliable (local Chinese owned) travel agency to book my airline tickets to China. Here is why: I have found that the travel agent can most of the time, beat the on-line company price by many dollars (US). Also, when you obtain the ticket via a travel agent, if you have a change in travel dates, the ticket is still valid for up to a year, unlike some of the on-line service contracts, wherein the ticket expires on/after the date booked for.
Moreover, I like the personal interchange with a live person, which reduces the chance of error and it there should be a problem, a human to call direct to resolve an issue.

Last, I have utilized the services of several Chinese national busineses on-line in the past two years and I have NEVER had a service related problem !! It is my impression that the level of service from busineses in China is at a much higher level than their western counterparts !! I think Chinese busineses work harder for the business, than their western counterparts do. A specific example is florist service, the Chinese based and operated florists, are 1,000 % better than any outside of China !! Both in price and service and then with quality. Also, I prefer to travel on Chinese national airlines to and from China. I like the service, I like the prices, and I am confident in the safety and high proficiency and professionalism of Chinese pilots/aircrew. China Southern Airlines is one that comes to my mind first, and in that regard I give them very high marks !! However, I have heard good things about the other China airlines too.

I hope this helps you somewhat and I hope you enjoy your travel experience to China, as much as I always enjoy mine !!?? :) :)
Apr 23, 2011 01:12
GUEST69243 Hi Tanja,

I have used Ctrip while I was in Hong Kong to book a return flight from Shenzhen (right across from Hong Kong) to Shanghai. No problem was encountered. Everything went pretty smoothly. Join as a member first (it's free) and then make your booking.

Enjoy your trip.

John Necholas (London)
Post a Reply to: www.ctrip.com - did somebody book flghts via internet
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code