Menu
How many days in Beijing and Shanghai?
Feb 2, 2006 03:35
  • JEANNINEJ
I am going to go to Beijing for either 3.5 days or 4.5 days. Not sure how many days is appropriate to see the main sites and shop a little. Can anyone help me with this?
Same goes for Shanghai.
Thanks
Feb 2, 2006 09:54
  • CALIFORNIA
I think 4.5 or 5 days is enough for Beijing.You should visit Forbidden City,Great Wall,Summer Palace,Heave Temple,Tian'anmen Square,Beihai Park and so on.

If you have enough time,you can also watch Beijing Opera!

For Shanghai,I think 3 days is ok!

Have a good trip!
Feb 7, 2006 09:04
  • FLANKER
For Beijing, 4-5 days is ok. You could go to the Tian'anmen square, the Wangfujing foot street, the Great Wall(Pls refer to my artical in Must See Activities), the Summer Palace, the Yuanmingyuan Park, the National Museum. As for the Forbidden city, there are reports saying that it will be going under repairment in the March. Please check for more information before your departure.
Enjoy your trip!
Feb 7, 2006 21:26
  • PINETREE
Jeannie,
If u love history, then the more days you can spend at Beijing the better - upto 1 week at lesure pace. It is a city that u can witness Chinese history of the last 1000 yrs or so. But avoid visiting Beijing during summer - hot and dusty.
Shanghai is more of a commercial centre with hardly any natural scenery. For shopping and to immerse yourself in the hub atmosphere, I recommend 3 days. Also avoid summer.
Have fun.
Post a Reply to: How many days in Beijing and Shanghai?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code