• BLUEYANKEE44
Everytime,I ask,of my status,of volunteering,after
I filed the application,no answers are forth-comin
g.Why do you ask ,us to inquire,of volunteering,if
no-one,follows up,to the people,who do submit,the
application.I have asked several times,in the past
year,and no-one,ever contacts me.Why??Even if you
do not need me,at least tell me,rather than let me
wonder,if I am not accepted,or whatever.Thanks.
No-one has acknowledged me before,so If I get one
this time,it will,be the first,in a years time.
Feb 2, 2006 20:08
  • ETHNICEAST
i am wondering about this volunteering thing...if you are talking about this TCG, then i am not sure or familiar who they want and what they are able to set up for you to do. But elsewhere be careful as in find out more first as there are always misunderstanding and misrepresentation from both parties. some org even require volunteers to pay for stay and related services.
i suggest if you are really interested in some specific work and have some specific skills, go work with a company with your skills, in this way, the company can earn some money and you also will get some allowance and get to help those that need your skills/service. even if an NGO can assign you with work, they should at least appreciate you for your labor and arrange something for you.
i reckon china also have lots of manpower available. when it is free, people think it is not valuable. so put a price tag to your service. dont have to be too high but something people felt that it is valuable. unless you feel that your service is not valuable, then the chinese will feel that they dont need it also.
what do you all think?

Feb 3, 2006 02:49
  • CATHERINE
The volunteers of TCG mainly do proofreading work for the contents of the webpages. So we need those whose native language is English, and with at least college education background.

To BLUEYANKEE44:we'll check and ask the relevant staff to give a reply ASAP.
Feb 3, 2006 20:25
  • ROGERINCA
I, too, am surprised and disappointed at the 'thumbs-down' emotion expressed herein ??

The member's issue/concern at hand, is not clear and well articulated ?? The choice of words including "you", which to me, means the criticism is directed at this site, and therefore inclusive of all of us members, is unfortunate. Moreover, the inference of a concern that has existed for over a "year", is also puzzling, given the fact the member joined the forum only in this past late September '05, a tad over four months ago ??

Moreover, as the intelligent and enlightened, member CONNY129, once said..…..."Do not ask what the forum can do for you, ask what you can do for our forum. Please !!!.…….

And as I always say… ”To really understand China, is to love China“ ….解中国乃是喜爱中国!!!
Feb 8, 2006 02:51
  • PINETREE
I prefer Catherine's response to BlueYankee than Rogerinca.
Lets give the man a chance to pour out his grievances.
Feb 8, 2006 08:52
  • BLUEYANKEE44
To
Whomever,
I teach,Basic,and,High School Level.I teach
English Conversational,to,a country,of,Government
Officials,who have controls,of laws,and,the activ
ities,of their country.I teach,The Television,and
Movie directors,of,the same,and,CEO s,of some of
the largest,companies in the World.I teach in
colleges,as a guest,tutor,for all,whom are mostly
Asians.I do this all for free,because,I am disabled,and am not elgible,to earn money,or wages.
In-large,I do not qualify,to to my native
English,use my resourse,College,or otherwise,for
volunteering,to teach people,most,can-not,even dare to approach.These VIPS,are my friends,well
as past students,and I,do not meet the requirements,of this site. Somethings wrong.I even,taught,and know the,ex-Prime Minister,of a
country personally,as,I taught,his,friend.
Enough,for defending myself!I just began a
Moveie directer,and his wife,from,a well known
country,to be ten hours a week.I am not Intelligent enough for this site,but,am suitable,
for all the people,regular,people,can never get
meet at all.I am in constant contact,with people
in my own country,who,would,not even view this site,that,I can-not qualify for.
I am not angry,but,whoever does the judging,
maybe should consider,a Rose,when you have one.
All the above is true,but,questionable to you.If
you do not know,or wish to know,why I have importance,to people,in government,or anyone,do
judge so quickly.
Thanks! I can offer my services,anywhere,
and have very few problems,concerning acceptance.
Oh Yeah! I was not going to defend myself,was I!
Sincerely James
Feb 8, 2006 14:16
  • ROGERINCA
OK, OK, OK, maybe I was a little strident in my response to my fellow “Yankee” ??? And if that was the perception, I offer my humble APOLOGY, because I work hard at being sensitive to the feelings of others (when they are deserving) :) :)

I guess I was troubled only by the fact that [in my view] the criticism/complaint directed at this site was not well articulated and appeared somewhat vague and confusing.

While I am still confused as to the 'specific' nexus with TCG, I do understand more now, James !! :) :)
( 很抱歉-很抱歉 )
Post a Reply to: Volunteering
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code