Menu
Peking Duck
Feb 13, 2006 19:26
  • JELLYFISH
Peking Duck is well-known. I tried it in a small Beijing restaurant and it is not that good. Maybe the resturant was busy at the time because I was with a tour group. The tour guide mentioned that in future Peking Duck can only be prepared by licensed cook because it is a chinese national dish.
Feb 13, 2006 19:38
  • RITA
Thanks to tourist industry in China. Beijing Roast Duck is good, but not that good as your guide said that can only be cooked by licenced cooks. Beijing duck is not so popular outside Beijing, people may feel it too greasy and tasteless, eating Beijing duck with a flour-made piece as thin as paper rolling with sauce and shallot is good, but that good due large to the flavor of sauce and shallot, so the duck is expensive, but the sauce and shallots are extremely expensive.

I have to say it's good and cater to my norther stomach very much, but eat the duck without sauce and shallots, NO WAY!
Feb 13, 2006 19:43
  • RITA
Beijing duck as national dish, the guide was so interesting. What about Lanzhou Beef Noodles, Shanxi Sliced noodles, Sichuan Dandan Noodles, etc, etc? Many of the restaurants have a history as long as or even longer than Quanjude. Are they entitled to be national dishes, too?
Feb 14, 2006 02:39
  • CALIFORNIA
I don't think Beijing Duck is a national dish!!!It is only popular in Beijing,maybe you can call it Beijing dish!!!

Quanjude is the best restaurant for cooking it!But it is so expensive~~~~~~
Feb 14, 2006 02:48
  • CONNY129
I love roast duck ! it tastes great !But I dunno whether they are in the same taste in Beijing and Xi'an :(

Maybe you should try it again in a famous restaurant , it won't disappoint you unless you eat it too much -- it would be greasy
Feb 14, 2006 07:13
  • JABAROOTOO
I love Beijing Kao Ya. It is one of my favourites because of the crispy skin, shallots and sauce all rolled into the little thin 'pancake'.

Dan dan Mien is another of my favourites too although it can be a little hot !!!!!!! but it is great street food.

the quality of a lot of these dishes varies depending on the restaurants.
Feb 14, 2006 20:12
  • BELLELI
I like Peking Duck, there is also Peking Duck here. Very delicious! It seems Peking Duck here is more delicious than the real Peking Duck. hehe..........
Feb 15, 2006 02:13
  • CALIFORNIA
QUOTE:"the quality of a lot of these dishes varies depending on the restaurants."

Some large family restaurant can do it well:-)
Post a Reply to: Peking Duck
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code