Menu
Travel permit
Mar 30, 2004 14:45
  • LOLIP
I need information whether diplomatic passport bearer needs to obtain travel permit as well? If yes, is the procedure the same?

Mar 30, 2004 14:47
  • DAISYE
Tibet is an Autonomous Region of China, so though being a diplomatic passport bearer, you still need apply the Tibet Travel Permit before your entering. So you'd better get it before you leaveing the place or country where you are.

But the department who supplies your this service is completely different. It should not be the common travel agency but the local Tibet diplomatic office if your visit has political colour.

And if foreign officier, diplomat or journalist visit Tibet, I think your national government will deal with this procedure for you. And the Tibet Provincial official will meet you.

Apr 20, 2004 15:36
  • LANNI
Any information whether China embassy in Amman or Bangkok can issue Tibet travel permit for diplomatic passport?

We will stay few days in Chengdu. Is there any local Tibet Provincial representative where we can get travel permit for diplo passport?

Apr 21, 2004 10:39
  • DAISY
Hi,LANNI!
First, the ecumenical travel agent has no right to apply the Tibet Travel Permit for you if you hold a diplomatic passport. The holder should mail all his concerned datum to the Authorized Tibet Provincial office if you are in your country, or directly go to the office in person if you are in China before entry Tibet.
Apr 21, 2004 10:51
  • DAISY
Secondly, the Chinese Embassy in foreign country can not give the Tibet Travel Permit to people who want to enter Tibet.
Everything should be Ok before coming into Tibet.
Apr 21, 2004 13:58
  • LANNI
Thanks for your info Daisy,
The country I stay has no Tibet Provincial Office unfortunately. Could you please give me the address (or email) of that office in South East Asia Region or in Middle East Region? Thanks
Apr 21, 2004 15:42
  • DAISY
There is no Tibet Provincial Office in foreign countries. So you can not find one in the country where you are. What you should is to mail your datum to the office in China, or go to the office in Chengdu if you will be in Chengdu before entering Tibet as you said above.
Apr 27, 2004 09:26
  • DAISY
I found this, hope it can give you a help!!

Office in Chengdu
Add: No. 10 Northern Renmin Road, chengdu
Tel: (028)---3333988
Apr 30, 2004 17:07
  • LANNI
Thanks for the info, we'll try to contact them asap.
I also get information from a web, that to go outside Lhasa area, other travel permit(s) are needed!
We plan to explore whole area of Tibet, then how many paper(s) we need?

May 8, 2004 09:25
  • ANGEL
Yes, you need more special papers for visiting to the different regions in Tibet. You can go through the procedure in Lhasa.
Post a Reply to: Travel permit
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code