Menu
Persistent peddlers
Jul 29, 2004 02:24
  • SBIS
In some countries, we have been pestered by street peddlers who did not take "no" for an answer. I realize there is no entirely satisfactory way of dealing with the problem, but can anyone suggest a Chinese phrase that will convey the message that they should definitely try someone else without being any more rude than necessary? Would the phrase be different for persistent adults than for persistent children? Thank you very much for helping with an important question. (There are countries to which we won't go because they are known to have this problem.)
Jul 29, 2004 09:04
  • LEON
I have caught the scene as you said outside of the Terra Cotta Warriors museum, that's too bad. In this case, I think you should say "XieXie, Wo Bu Xu Yao" that means "Thank you I need nothing" with a cool expression and do not show your interest with him and just walk away.
Jul 29, 2004 09:21
  • DAISY
Yes, there always exists this situation at almost every scene or historical site's gate, even many Chinese traveler also can meet occasion. I think you'd better say nothing about that, even do not take a look at them if you have no interest in the goods they sell at all. This should be the best answer.
Post a Reply to: Persistent peddlers
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code