Menu
When is the best time to go to Tibet?
Mar 30, 2004 14:56
  • VERUE
China is really a marvelous mainland for us to take a visit. I have been there for several times,
and visited Shanghai, Beijing, Yunnan and then Guilin. I like China very much. In 2003, I had planed to go to Tibet with my friends. Can anyone tell me when is the best time to visit Tibet? Thanks

Mar 30, 2004 14:57
  • SNOWWIN
The best time to visit Tibet is from April to October. There are some famous Festivals in August, such as Horse Race Festival, Shoton Festival, etc. You are invited to visit the website http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/tibet/festival.htm for more information. Please feel free to contact the operators at http://www.travelchinaguide.com/form.htm for help.
Jun 18, 2004 10:48
  • VISITTIBET
Bascally, Tibet may be visited easily year-round but Dec.to Feb. reamin the off season due to cold, dry weather.

The best time of year to be ni Tibet is from April to the beginning of November, after which temperature start to plummet.

October and November often bring some dazzling clear weather and daytime temperature can be quite comfortable at Tibet's lower altitude.

The coldest months are from December to Feburary.However, it is not impossible as many people imagine to visit Tibet in winter. The low altitude valleys of Tibet, around Lhasa,Shigatse and Tsedang, see very little snow.

Spring does not reaaly get under way until April, though March can have warm sunny days and is not necessarily a bad month to be in Tibet.

Plus, don't forget share us your travel experience in Tibet when you come back.
Post a Reply to: When is the best time to go to Tibet?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code