Menu
travelling first week of May
Feb 21, 2006 06:48
  • MARINA
I will arrive in Guangzhou 27 April from Thailand and I would like to catch the night train to Guilin next day. I have realized it is just before the beginning of the I May week, when many Chinese are supposed to go on holiday. I am really warrying about travelling that time! I am afraid it is very difficoult to get a train ticket without booking!Anybody could advice me? I have planned to see Yangshuò and surroundings (rice terraces and minorities)which should be off the beaten tracks...
Feb 21, 2006 06:50
  • CALIFORNIA
Yes,Marina,

It will be very crowded,and Guilin is a hot place for travelling,and do you have a friend in Guangzhou???

Feb 21, 2006 07:01
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Marina,
Because it is a few days before the 1st of May you might be able to by a ticket but some alternatives are

Sleeper bus - these are good quality from Guangzhou to Yangshuo and leave regularly or when full

You might consider flying to Guilin.

You could try taking the train or bus to a destination in between or near to Guilin and jumping on another bus for the remainder of the journey.

These are just a few suggestions to keep in mind. There is always more than one way to get somewhere and sometimes more interesting.

All the best.

Feb 21, 2006 08:29
  • MARINA
Thank you for been so reassuring! Could you please send me more information about the direct bus to Yangshuò? Where in Guangzhoù does it start from ?Do you think is easier to get a seat?I do not think I want to fly because I am on a limited budget!Furthermore, it is not my first time in China. Last time I was able to cover all China by train, so I know the system!
Post a Reply to: travelling first week of May
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code