Menu
Is early November a good time to visit JiuZhaiGuo?
Mar 30, 2004 15:15
  • JENNY
Hello,

I plan to travel to JiuZhaiGuo in early Nov with kids (4 and 8) and old folks in their 60s. Some neighbours have advised against that timing. Can someone advise on the weather during that time of the year?

Thanks.
Mar 30, 2004 15:17
  • PATRICA
I do not think that it is not the right time to travel to JIU Zhai Gou in early Nov with kids, as long as your kids are in a good health. Personally, Jiu Zhai Gou is distinctive for its pure beauty. To visit it in early Nov,one can not only avoid the crowds but also have an oppertunity to appreciate a kind of beauty which is much more charming than that of in spring or summer.

I am glad to be of any help.
Please leave a message here if you want to know more info to prepare you a vacation in China.

Nov 4, 2005 10:38
  • MEICHOW
Hi

I am also interested in this question of Season/Timing to visit Jiu Zhai Gou.

I am only able to make it in mid to late november ~ I have checked that tours do operate [and as Patricia mentions above, you can appreciate it at a less crowded time]

But some tour guides have told me that you 'might as well not go as most things have become ice' so there is nothing left to see.

Is that an accurate judgment of Jiu Zhai Gou in mid-late November?

Thanks!
Nov 8, 2005 19:47
  • PINETREE
Jenny/Meichow,
JZG is a very beautiful place to visit for 2-3 days. it is famous for its beautiful water scenery in this particular valley. Water is critical here to appreciate the beautify of JZG fully. Thus winter is not the suitable time to go there - unless u want to watch JZG in beautiful white snow.
Nov is already the begiining of the cold months and water there begins to freeze. Thus u won't be able to see the water action at all. Best time to go should be anytime between May-early Oct. But u also need to avoid the 3 peak periods of travelling ( Spring Festical, May Labour Day & China National Day holidays ) of China.
If there, try staying at the JiuZhai Paradise Hotel Resort. It has a beautiful countryside scenery of its own plus recreational activities. It is also worth a visit. Best to visit with family or on honeymoon.
Enjoy.
Post a Reply to: Is early November a good time to visit JiuZhaiGuo?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code