Menu
Local attractions in kunming city.
Feb 24, 2006 01:23
  • TASMANIA
What are the local attractions of kunming city. I mean only in the city area and the suburbs. I hope to see these attractions by bus or taxi.
Feb 24, 2006 01:52
  • KYLE
To tell you the truth, not much.
Kunming has a lake. Green lake park. Its alright but not outstanding. Then there is this park but its not really that not nice yet. Wait until the flowers bloom. A trip to western hills can be interesting. You can do a lot around there. Check out the lake. And of course the ever famous stone forest.
Feb 24, 2006 02:40
  • SILJA
If you know the history of Kunming, you will like it. and it is interesting to talk with local resident. I am a lawyer in Kunming, I'd like to have one hour talk in tea house with you. if you like, contact with me, E-mail address: ynmail.com|silja
Feb 27, 2006 07:20
  • JABAROOTOO
Kyle is probably right. I know I didn't hear of anything too inspiring about the city apart from the flower expo. I've wandered aroungd the park and it's much the same as any other in the country.
But don't let this supposed lack of interesting things put you off. Just go out walking and you'll be surprised what little gems you'll uncover in most cities in China that are definately not published in the average list of things to see and do because they are not considered very interesting.
I often fill my days off with outings like this and come home with all sorts of interesting photos of things old and new and people too.

happy hunting!!!!!
Feb 27, 2006 07:48
  • CALIFORNIA
IMO,Kunming is only a transfer place for travelling to the other cities or villages in Yun Nan.
Feb 27, 2006 17:49
  • TASMANIA
Thanks everybody. I will plan my trip accordingly.
Post a Reply to: Local attractions in kunming city.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code