Menu
Sichuan travel question
Mar 30, 2004 15:27
  • SHER
Hi Mr/Mrs,

I'm an oversea HK Chinese. I'm planning to visit Chengdu in late-June for 6-7 days from Hong Kong.
But I'm more interested visitng Jiuzhaigou, Huanglong and Leshan.

My questions are:

1)Is it possible to travel these 4 places during my six days visit?

2)How long does it take to travel Jiuzhaigou, Huanglong and Leshan from Chengdu? by train, bus or domestic plane?

3)Is it possible to travel to Dali or Chongqing if I have spare time (1 day for instance)?

4)I'm worried about the weather since I'm fond of taking photographs. I know weather is unpredictable, but is June/July a good month to travel? Is haze a problem in Sichuan?

I deeply appreciate your help and suggestion.

-Sher
Mar 30, 2004 15:29
  • NIHAOCHINA
Hi ! Well, i don't think you can cover all these places in 6 days, I mean maybe you could. but you are gonna be rushing all way along..
You can fly to Jiuzhai guo,huanglong, i guess.. and Leshan is around one hour bus drive away from Chengdu..
Umm you can actually cut off Leshan.There is nothing but the giant buddha. I am sure there is much more to see Jiuzhai gou and huanglong.
June ,July is definitely the best time to vist there. So do not worry about the weather.
If you have some spare time! why don't you visit Lijiang instead of Dali or chongqing ?My point is you can fly directly to Lijiang from Chengdu.and Lijiang is much more interesting than Dali,believe me! i have been those places before..anyhow.. you are welcomed to my travelpage if you need more Info.
www.virtualtourist.com/nihaochina
Good luck

Post a Reply to: Sichuan travel question
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code