Menu
Henan kaifeng, shaolin, etc...
Feb 27, 2006 01:42
  • DIANAM1976
Hi guys,
i am in Zhenghzhou (henan) right now, and i was wondering if anyone know ,how to get to the main sites around the city (shaolin temple, Kaifeng ...) I want to visit the area in 3 days, if it is possible???.... and of course i am trying to find a cheap accomodation (backpackers hostel), while i am touring Henan....Does anyone know of a reliable and cheap agency based in Zhenzhou, who will take me to the main sites in Henan????if anyone has done this journey before, please let me know of the main itinerary, and the cost of the journey...
Thanks for your reply...I would like to leave zhengzhou, in the next three days...Thanks again Nadia
Feb 27, 2006 01:50
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Dianam,
I have been two Henan in 2004,my itinerary is:
Beijing---Zhengzhou---Kaifeng---Shaolin Temple---Luoyang---Jiyuan---Zhengzhou---Beijing.7days,1400RMB.

From Zhengzhou to Kaifeng,you'd better take a bus in the coach station in the opposite of railway station,about 1.5 hour,19RMB.

Kaifeng is a nice city,and everything is cheap,1 day is enough,I stay in Song Du Hotel,it is a little expensive,150RMB.

There was no bus from kaifeng to Shaolin Temple directly,you should change a bus in Zhengzhou,the same station I mentioned right now,also 1.5 hours,18 or 19RMB,sorry,I forgot it!

I stayed two day in Shaolin Temple,so nice place!Maybe places will be chose for lived!!!

Good luck!
Feb 27, 2006 01:55
  • CALIFORNIA
By the way,have you been to Luoyang???
Feb 27, 2006 20:43
  • DIANAM1976
Hi california, thanks for the info...I haven't been to lioyang , but how long does it take from Zhengzhou???? can you visit it in one day, or do you have to stay overnight there?????
Feb 27, 2006 20:49
  • RITA
California offered us a well-planned itinerary that we can refer to later:-)
Feb 28, 2006 01:39
  • ELLYSE
Luoyang takes about 2 hours by train from Zhengzhou. Possibly longer by bus. If you're only going to see the Longmen Grottoes then a daytrip is sufficient; else you'll need to stay overnight.
Feb 28, 2006 02:55
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Dianam,

I only stayed in Luoyang one day,and visited Long Men Cave,you can from Zhengzhou to Shaolin,and then from Shaolin to Luoyang!

It will take less than 3 hours from Luoyang to Zhengzhou,don't worry about this!Ther were many buses between the two city!

Have a nice trip!
Feb 28, 2006 08:47
  • CALIFORNIA
By the way,most of the ways were highway,it is very convenient.

For the ticket:Shaolin Temple was 40RMB,and Longmen Cave was 80RMB.

Good luck!
Mar 2, 2006 19:58
  • DIANAM1976
thanks guys for all your travel tips, i finally made it to Shaolin...thanks very much again
Mar 2, 2006 20:08
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Dianam,

I have a nice trip!And don't lost the Gongfu performance in Shaolin Temple:-)

Post a Reply to: Henan kaifeng, shaolin, etc...
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code