Menu
Shop Shop China
Mar 1, 2006 18:18
  • BABYTIGER
So big place! So many shops! So much to buy! So much to eat! I have no money!!

Jin Yuan Mall in Beijing is frightening. This kind of shoppping malls are drawing the young crowd and the students. They are spending too much time and too much money at these places. And many such shopping malls are coming up all over China. Is it bad?

Mar 1, 2006 19:42
  • PINETREE
Not sure that this trend is bad but it is unavoidable in an economy that's opening up to the outside world. This is happening or has happened in all other countries as well. And this is irreversible unless China returns to the pre-Deng's days. But I don't think the people/govt want it this way.
Personally, I think the Chinese need this to be on par with the rest of the world. Exposure to the outside world, even via such trends, is essential to boost the confidence of its people.
There is a price to pay of cos, like everything else.
Mar 5, 2006 03:12
  • CALIFORNIA
I went the Jinyuan Shopping Mall every week,but not for shopping,just "travelling" in it!!!

So huge,and so many shops!!!

It is not too bad!You can eat,shopping,playing,watch movies in the same places......

Mar 5, 2006 19:34
  • MELODYCHOW
The number of shopping Mall shows the developing economy and the improving of people's life condition in Beijing, China. I think it's not bad. People's spare time and weekends' life can be enriched also.

Of course,if you do not have so much money to go there for shopping,you can relaxed yourself there just for leisure... :)

Good life in Beijing!!!
Post a Reply to: Shop Shop China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code