- Travel Reviews
- Travel Tips
- Photo Album
- China Videos
|Children's Village in Xi'an|
|Mar 5, 2006 20:30|
|Shaanxi Provincial New Life Research Society|
Shaanxi Provincial New Life Research Society is an independent and nonprofit charity. It is engaged in helping released people to find jobs and start a new life.
It has two special services, a children’s village and service center for released women.
In 1996, Shaanxi Provincial New Life Research Society set up a children’s village so as to protect the right of the children of criminals, prevent juvenile delinquency and promote the criminal to make a fresh start. So far, they have offered help to more than 200 children of criminals
Special Tasks of Children’s Village
1. Foster the children while their parents are in jail.
2. Provide moral teaching and help them to complete elementary school so that they may grow up healthily.
3. Conduct proper management to ensure a healthy life for the children in the village.
4. Create opportunities to carry out research on education of the children and prevention from juvenile delinquency.
Service Center for the Released Women
Service Center for released women helps released women to return to the society and begin a new life. More than 40 released women have received financial aids to get back home.
Aim of the Center
This center has been set up to call people’s attention to released women and protect the rights of women and children.
Specific Tasks of the Center
1. Provide temporary boarding, food for the released people.
2. Contact family members or relatives for the released.
3. Offer help or aids to the released women so that they may find a job. The center may also help them find a temporary job.
4. Teach and train them with vocational skills.
5. Provide legal and psychological consultation and assistance.
6. Conduct research on the return, the protection of the released women and their children.
Milu Village, Dizhai Town, Baqiao District, Xian, Shaanxi, P.R.China
Tel: 86-29-83492031 86-29-83492010
|Mar 5, 2006 21:07|
|Is this Society looking for foreign volunteers to help out ?|
|Mar 6, 2006 02:48|
|What kind of volunteering?|
|Mar 6, 2006 20:14|
|what was your intent in the first place of putting up this post? just to make a report for people to read or to tell us you are working here or to ask for professionals to volunteer or to recruit workers? you should be answering questions and not giving question.|
|Mar 7, 2006 00:58|
|I am not working there.|
My intent is simple. If anyone is interested in giving care to those kids, he may bring some gifts or spend some time with them.
If someone wants to work there or want to volunterr or donate, I think it will not be bad.
|Mar 7, 2006 01:30|
|You are so kindly,Mermaid:-)|
You have told us a tibetan children's village,so nice!
|Mar 8, 2006 02:14|
|Great u appreciate it!|
|Mar 8, 2006 02:38|
Thanks for your information!!!I think I can!!!
|Mar 8, 2006 03:16|
|Hi Mermaid, |
Is there any (stable/permanent)organizations among/ near the resident communities around the city (Xian) in charge of receiving donated clothes for remote or natural disasters? (Sorry, I am not sure if my question relevant or not, I did not send you PM instead for I think this question I ask here might interest somebody else.)
Phone numbers or any other contacts will be appreciated. Thanks
|Mar 8, 2006 03:19|
|Oh I made a mistake:(|
"... for remote or natural disasters?..."
I mean remote areas or those suffered from natural disasters.
|Mar 8, 2006 03:26|
maybe the provincial Red Cross can accept donations! I've wathced some pieces of news about it before.
Page 1 of 3 < Previous Next > Page:
Post a Reply to: Children's Village in Xi'an
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)