Menu
Lee Ang Win is 'glory for Chinese'
Mar 6, 2006 21:46
  • SAYHITOANT
As a Chinese Singaporean, I am proud and happy that Lee Ang from Taiwan became the first Chinese in the Oscars’ 78th-year history to be crowned Best Director yesterday.

I watched Brokeback Mountain about a month ago out of curiosity and also because it had won 4 Golden Globe awards including Best Picture & Best Director. It was a pretty interesting movie but I am a little disappointed as I had expected more since it has received so much good reviews worldwide.

Anyway, have you watched this movie and do you like it? Understand that it was banned in China.
Mar 6, 2006 22:27
  • PEA28COCK
Well last night I saw the ceremony of 78th Oscar Award held in Kodak Theatre. I was really excited and proud to see that Ann Lee became the winner of best director.

He is such an elegant person. What's more important is that he never forgets that he is a Chinese.
Mar 6, 2006 22:34
  • PEA28COCK
It is really a great pity that Brokeback Mountain is banned in China. Also I feel a little bit angry.

Maybe those authorities cannot accept the story of this movies (love between two men) or just because they feel jealous about the achievement of Ann Lee. LOL~~ I don't know.
Mar 7, 2006 00:42
  • CONNY129
It is banned ??? why ??? I'm really curious and want to see how wonderful it is !! How can I see it ? copied Dvd?
Mar 7, 2006 00:50
  • RITA
The extensive coverage of internet 'network' make it available - any movies you want to watch. Haha~ I haven't seen it yet, but look forward to seeing it soon.

By the way, can anyone enlighten me on the backgrounds of Mr. Ang Lee - is he a China-born Chinese or what? Thanks!
Mar 7, 2006 01:03
  • CONNY129
I don't know whether he got American nationality ,he is a Chinese who was born in Taiwan and engaged with filmdom ,then expanded his career in Hollywood ,just like Xu ke , Wu Yusen...
Mar 7, 2006 01:07
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,conny,

You can buy it at the side of street!I didn't watch it either!
Mar 7, 2006 01:11
  • RITA
There was a slight of bookishness in him usually can only be found in Chinese. I am not saying foreign people are not bookish:)), maybe the other charms (if any) in them impress people first??:) Hehe~
Mar 7, 2006 01:14
  • CALIFORNIA
Maybe the novel was better......

Mar 7, 2006 01:18
  • CONNY129
anyone know its stroy? who are the main actors? are they famous ?
Mar 7, 2006 01:20
  • CALIFORNIA
After this movie,they are famous!The main actor is an australian!!

I don't know the totally story!!!

Maybe should by a DVD.

Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Lee Ang Win is 'glory for Chinese'
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code