Menu
WANT TO GO FROM XIAN TO JIZHAIGOU
Mar 7, 2006 12:27
  • NATRADIOL
WANT TO GO FROM XIAN TO JIZHAIGOU.
WHICH IS THE SHORTEST ROUTE?
I DO NOT WANT TO GOTO CHENGDU AND RETURN BACK TO JIUZHAIGOU.
Mar 7, 2006 18:44
  • MAY001
There is no direct flight from Xian to Jiuzhaigou. You have to fly to Chengdu and then to Jiuzhaigou.
Mar 7, 2006 18:54
  • RITA
There were flights but very unstable. Last year, the flights were only available in July and August between Xian and Jiuzhaigou.

I am not sure about your travel schedule, but if you travel in hot tourist season, there may be flights available. It won't hurt to keep an eye on it:)

Mar 7, 2006 19:02
  • MAY001
o, really? Rita, I didn't know it! Thx for telling us~ Maybe I can plan my fly trip to Jiuzhaigou too.
Mar 7, 2006 19:05
  • RITA
Yes, May, you should consider flying directly if the flights available. One way flight costs about 730 yuan, the discount is limited:(
Mar 7, 2006 19:15
  • MAY001
But it seemed expensive than fly or take a train to Chengdu, right? Should it be cheaper to go to Chengdu first?
Mar 7, 2006 19:20
  • RITA
Hi May,
Well, if at the time when you travel, there are no flights, changing flight in Chengdu seems reasonable and not so time-consuming:

Xian/ Chengdu: 630rmb (one-way)
Chengdu/ Jiuzhaigou: 700rmb (one-way)

Almost doubled the price of the direct flight Xian/ Jiuzhaigou
Mar 7, 2006 19:24
  • MAY001
I would rather choose a train to go to Chengdu first!! Anyway, I can enjoy the beauty and delicious food in Chengdu, haha.
Mar 8, 2006 07:43
  • JABAROOTOO
Depends on the time of year you plan to visit. Flights direct to Xian are only available during the summer months so you will have to check with an agency just before you plan to visit.

Another option is to take the train from Xian and get off at Jiangyou and take a bus via Pingwu, Huanglong, Songpan to Juizhaigou

or Mianyang and catch a bus via Pingwu and Nanping to Jiuzhaigou.

There is some spectacular scenery on the way from Jiangyou and places of interest around there if you have the time. The south western 'silk road' passed this way.

Have a look at the map and you'll have to make a decision based on the time you have available and how much you want to see as opposed to the cost of flights.

Enjoy your visit.
Aug 24, 2006 03:04
  • ANDYKOH120
Hi,

How was your trip?? I am travelling from Chengdu to Juichaigou from 3rd to 11th Sep. Would appreciate if you could provide any good info.

Thks
Good luck
Andy
Aug 24, 2006 03:05
  • ANDYKOH120
Hi,

How was your trip?? I am travelling from Chengdu to Juichaigou from 3rd to 11th Sep. Would appreciate if you could provide any good info.

Thks
Good luck
Andy
Post a Reply to: WANT TO GO FROM XIAN TO JIZHAIGOU
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code