Menu
Weather/Mobile phones/Fellow Travelers
Mar 7, 2006 23:29
  • OZTRAVEL36
Hi From Downunder
Hope your all well.
I have 3 questions and hope that you guys can offer some info and help to these questions.
1 Whats the weather like in Shanghai/Beijing in late March/early April??
2 I want to buy a mobile phone in either Shanghai/Beijing or Hong Kong,it must work in Australia,out of the above places Where will i get a great phone at a good price,and where???
3 Best places to meet fellow travelers for beers,dinners,tours etc in Shanghai/Beijing????
Thanks
And i look forward to your replys and feedback shane Cant wait to see that great place called China
Mar 8, 2006 01:07
  • MAY001
Maybe I can give u some info
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Whats the weather like in Shanghai/Beijing in late March/early April??

It will be quite warm in late March/early April. About 10~20 degree according to my own experience in Shanghai. The temperature in Beijing might lower, with strong winds often.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2. I want to buy a mobile phone in either Shanghai/Beijing or Hong Kong,it must work in Australia,out of the above places Where will i get a great phone at a good price,and where???

Most of the mobile phones in China can also woke abroad. I suggest u to buy in Hong Kong. It will be cheaper! Of course, u can buy mobile phones in any other cities in China.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3.Best places to meet fellow travelers for beers,dinners,tours etc in Shanghai/Beijing????

There are many expats and tourists in Beijing/Shanghai. U can try:
http://www.thechinazone.com/
or just google it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Enjoy your stay in China!
Mar 8, 2006 02:44
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Oztravel,

Answer your question:

1 Whats the weather like in Shanghai/Beijing in late March/early April??

It is getting warm and warm,spring in that time!A little cool in the night in Beijing,but it is comfortalbe.
-------------------------------------------------

2 I want to buy a mobile phone in either Shanghai/Beijing or Hong Kong,it must work in Australia,out of the above places Where will i get a great phone at a good price,and where???

In Beijing,you can buy it in Dazhong(大中)\Guomei(国美) and Suning(苏宁) Market,they have many multiple shops,lower price and good products.
------------------------------------------------

3 Best places to meet fellow travelers for beers,dinners,tours etc in Shanghai/Beijing????

I think you can meet them in the hostels or bar streets!!!

Good luck!
Post a Reply to: Weather/Mobile phones/Fellow Travelers
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code