Menu
taxi fare, hostels and weather
Aug 10, 2004 18:49
  • ROYZZZ
posted a few weeks ago regarding a place to stay but only a few responded.

anyway i am looking for a place to stay while attending a conference. im in a tight budget so i am looking at hostels as a place to stay. there are no hostels around Beijing International Convention Center or around the National Olympic Sports Center so i would like to know how much is a taxi fare from say near Tian'anmen area to the convention center.

Also if there's a hostel near the convention center please let me know. My budget by the way is around 30 US dollars.

Another thing is how is the weather there this end of August. I will be there this Aug 25 to 30.

Thank you.
Aug 10, 2004 23:02
  • INTIANJIN
Hi mate. I just got back from Tianjin and stayed in a hotel near Tiananmen Square. It cost $30 Canadian/night. 180yuan/night was the average. I wrote up where and other details in my travel review of Beijing. From the 2 hostels I saw in Beijing; hotels advertise themselves to westerners as hostels and have the same pricing as the other hotels. I hope that helps some.
Aug 11, 2004 10:00
  • BILLIE
By Taxi? So expensive!
You know Beijing Taxi count the fee not only by km, but also by the time that you spend one the road. And you also should pay the bridge acrosing fee!
Or you'd better bargain with the driver, and get a content price if you are an expert in bargaining.
Aug 13, 2004 14:19
  • ROYZZZ
Decided to take a rather pricey hotel and walk to the convention center, than risk paying more for taxi and probably getting lost. What do you guys think of the National Jade Hotel, Huiyuan International Apartment or Catic Hotel? Which one is the best? and cheapest of the 3?
Thanks.
Aug 16, 2004 11:47
  • DAISY
I think Huiyan International Apartment would be better and cheaper. About $34 for standard suite, and it is near the Asian Game Village.

If you want to get to Huiyuan, you can show the following Chinese Characters to the taxi driver.

Nov 9, 2007 23:57
GUEST64130 I am planning to visit Tianjin for conference in Gaofeng Road Beichen District Tianjin.I want to know how much kilometer is the place Gaofeng Road from Tianjin Airport & from taxi how much fare I have to pay.

In november is woolen clothes are required.
Please mail me at yahoo.com|sanjay_safety
Nov 10, 2007 03:24
  • ELLYSE
You didn't mention where exactly on Gaofeng Lu you're going. The distance is approximately 27 km from the airport. I estimate the fare to be around 50-70 RMB.
Look on the following websites for weather data. Yes, you'll need to bring winter clothes on your trip to Tianjin.
http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/WZBTJ.html
http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:CHXX0133
Nov 10, 2007 09:10
  • APAULT
You'll need more than woollen clothes...bring a coat too.
Post a Reply to: taxi fare, hostels and weather
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code