Menu
Climbing Mt.Emei in winter
Mar 9, 2006 19:08
  • NIHAOCHINA
Went back to Sichuan for Chinese New Year. And one of my biggest accomplishments is to climb Mt.Emei in wintertime.Before starting, I was told it was a bad idea to climb at this time, as it was snowing and everything. My friend was getting worried that I might get sick or give up in the middle.I wasn't mentally prepared either, oh my god,I thought I was going to experience the difficulty of climbing Mt.Everest for the next couple of days.
We wrapped ourselves with layers and walked all the way up for 8 hours the first day. and the snow was getting thicker.(i was feeling cold at all when you are moving,as it helped blood circulation to keep you warm).
The next day,we did a few hours climbing ,seeing the temple we stayed getting tiny,we both were worn out and decided to take lift up to the top it was still a great climb though.
One of things I am proud of is we climbed up in snow,while almost tourists preferred to take a bus up and down.We just met few westerners and 1 Chinese families on the way! Well, I have to say that the people enjoyed the bus trip missed an another treat of Mt Emei.

Would like to hear your experience of climbing Mt Emei in winter.
Mar 11, 2006 23:57
  • PAPAYA
Hi July

I have read your reply to my post, to be frank,emotionally I am a little bit angry with you at frist .but after read all your posts I think you are quite interesting,if I were still work in shenzhen,maybe I would be like to be your roommates.

I had been to Mt.Emai too, about 3 year ago also in winter,and of course as tour guide,we stayed in Hong Zhu shan Hotel for two night,these are wonderful memories, the big trees,the clear water,the monkeys and the tranquil life there,Oh,God,I love this place,I hope one day can go back there.

Mar 21, 2006 02:18
  • KIGHF
hehe ,i am living in chengdu,but i had never climb emei
Post a Reply to: Climbing Mt.Emei in winter
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code